Living tools just spray spores? What's happened to these valuable tools?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Living tools just spray spores? What's happened to these valuable tools?
Apprentice
Member # 5899
Profile #0
I'm in the Mine Core right now, but for the last few zones... my living tools aren't working. Since the one that had 3-4 of those strange consoles that say "living things may behave differently now". So I *ass*ume one of those is the culprit.

It doesn't do much good to keep collecting them if they're not going to work. WHat have I done? And is there any way to make it right? I need these, no?!

[ Tuesday, June 07, 2005 04:43: Message edited by: Rosie ]

--------------------
I want to stop. Stop playing games, live your live, step away from the computer and go outside. I just can't help myself.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #1
That's actually quite weird, Rosie. I've played through Geneforge 1 a thousand times, and never had that problem!

I wouldn't throw those living tools away... you can most likely use them somewhere else.

Do you have the spell 'Unlock'? Perhaps that will work.

As to the message 'living thing will behave differently', that should have NOTHING to do with the living tool. That tells me that you hit a switch which affects turrets/pylons/mines.

[ Tuesday, June 07, 2005 04:53: Message edited by: Waylander ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
The only non-bug thing I can think of is that maybe you overlooked the fact that what you thought were your living tools were really a few spore batons, since those have the same graphic but just different colors. I apologize in advance for suggesting that you posted a question here just because you made an idiotic mistake, but playing late at night many of us have made similar mistakes, so for all I know at this point it is a possibility. Other than that, this sounds like a major bug.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5899
Profile #3
Trinity Student - ya know... that hadn't even occured to me... but I bet that's what I did. I hadn't noticed that they look so much alike until I was stashng my loot. I'm not offended by your suggestion at all... I feel kinda stupid now, but I'm capable of laughing at myself :D and invite you to come along! Thank you!

--------------------
I want to stop. Stop playing games, live your live, step away from the computer and go outside. I just can't help myself.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
It's not Rosycat, people. False alarm.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 118
Profile #5
Just so you don't feel bad, I feel I must say that I've made the same mistake several times. It's a pain and I feel like smacking myself every time I do it, but ever since I started carrying around 45-60 living tools at a time, I just check the number to be sure. Haveing two nearly maxed out Drayks helps alot :D I don't even have to battle other than use speed or healing spores.

--------------------
Sometimes silence speaks volumes.