how many per day?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how many per day?
Apprentice
Member # 3039
Profile Homepage #0
How many people register a game per day would ya think? Just a little random thing I thought up.

--------------------
http://www.aveilofred.com
...such beauty disgraced by the rain...
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #1
Maybe when a game first comes out about a hundred? I don't know. Plus, there probably are a lot of people who know about these games, but don't register on these forums. A question from me: How many people do you think know about Spiderweb Software and their games?
Apprentice
Member # 3039
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally posted by Tome of Skulls:
Maybe when a game first comes out about a hundred? I don't know. Plus, there probably are a lot of people who know about these games, but don't register on these forums. A question from me: How many people do you think know about Spiderweb Software and their games?
Hmmmmm, good question. We know at least 3,000 something people know, because there's more than that on the boards. (Not factoring in the multiple accounts under one name) figgure something like every 10 people there's one that signs up, I dunno, I'm making up numbers now. :D It's a really good question though. Oh and I didn't mean reg on the board, I mean like as in buying the games.

--------------------
...such beauty disgraced by the rain...
Warrior
Member # 3029
Profile #3
Since it takes a few days to week to ship everyone their game when a new one comes out, I'd say 100-1000 games per day. Normally, not that much. Perhaps you should ask Jeff. :P

--------------------
((><))
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
If you only need to receive the registration code, it can take no more than a day if there aren't a lot of people ordering. My guess is that Jeff can send several hundred registration codes a day (if he does it manually), but it seems like a lot. To be honest, I have no idea.

I guess the number of orders depends on how many people know the company and have bought games before. I'm sure Exile 3 sold better than Exile for example.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #5
Well, Arancaytar is right. But I think it also is how much registered receivements he gets per day. They want you to give your e-mail address for a specific reason. So they can SELL your name!!! Just kidding. Cause they can immediately e-mail you giving you the registration code. Huh. How about this. How many people do you thik register a day for exile1, 2, and 3?
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #6
I wouldn't think those games are registered on a regular basis, with the Avernum games out and Blades (hopefully) coming out sometime next fall.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #7
Um, has anyone asked Jeff yet? The only one here who would have a chance of knowing is Drakey, and Jeff is still a better person to ask...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
I think Jeff's mentioned that his older games are still being registered at a relatively constant rate (although not as often as when they first came out, of course.) As for exact figures, I wouldn't have a clue.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Warrior
Member # 2947
Profile #9
It would be bad manners to ask Jeff. We can only make an educated guess therefore.

I remember (on the Ikonboard, I think) someone suggesting that since Exile: EFTP was so old, maybe the price should be knocked down a little, seeing as it was the same cost as Exile III. The member was rebuked and the idea was never brought up again. Happy times.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #10
This forum has 3,000-odd contributors and has been going for years. Not everyone on its registered, but not everyone registered is on it. I suggest dozens a day registering is more likely than hundreds or thousands. Jeff isn't going to be a millionaire this way - all the more reason not to rip him off.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #11
Hey, who said he wants to be famous? He just wants to make games for us and for him. (Hopefully) Wouldn't want him to lose interest in his own games. :P