Happy Easter.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Happy Easter.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #25
I'm waiting for Scorp's take on lust next: 'How can you indulgence your vile bodies with such profligacy when there are sex-starved people in the world?' 'Organise an aid mission', I say. :P

Sort of amusing the pagan fertilty rite thing--as symbolised by the eggs--features more than the central tenet of the Christian faith, the Resurrection, here. Still that was just a rebirthing vegetative man-god rip-off too, in most anthropologists' opinion.

Sorry, I'm being boring, aren't I? Back to the chocolate...
SCORPIUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I'm waiting for Scorp's take on lust next: 'How can you indulgence your vile bodies with such profligacy when there are sex-starved people in the world?' 'Organise an aid mission', I say. :P
Perhaps you can't appreciate the severity of a world without birth control.

Which I find amusing, since Africa isn't that far away.

IMAGE(http://www.liferpg.com/chris_sig.gif)

[ Monday, April 21, 2003 05:05: Message edited by: Vladimir Scorpius ]

--------------------
CLICK HERE IF YOU LOVE JESUS

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #27
Overpopulation is the least of their problems.
So, is this easter thread gonna turn into another one of those 'politics is the root of all evil' threads?
I'm still enjoying my pagan chocolate easter bunny. Hooray for wanton gluttonous sloths!

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #28
I refer to AIDS, not overpopulation. In some parts of Africa, half the population has contracted HIV.

[ Monday, April 21, 2003 07:04: Message edited by: Vladimir Scorpius ]

--------------------

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #29
Not being Christian, I don't celebrate Easter. Instead, I celebrate the nice spring weather and the day when a metric assload of chocolate goes on sale at the local supermarkets.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Apprentice
Member # 1589
Profile #30
Vladimir - could you stop using that, um, signature image, please? It looks, quite simply, dumb.
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #31
No. Besides, everyone I've spoken to so far likes it. I'm not going to let someone with 16 posts tell me what's "dumb".

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #32
Speaking of Easter the alleged atheist known as "Terror's Martyr" claimed he needed to do the you know what before Easter began. I'm glad no one knows or will know what I'm talking about :)

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #33
Ooooh, the sweet hierarchy of message boards.

Well, I think it looks dumb. But not as dumb as a lot of other people's signatures. Including mine.

R.o.D.: Don't talk to Scorp like that. You'll only get non sequitur pictures, spam and snootiness.

--------------------
Aces off.
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally posted by Associate of Thurston Moore:
You'll only get non sequitur pictures, spam and snootiness.
In no particular order!

Also, Feran just told me over AIM what TM did before Easter. All I have to say is: [i]AHHHHHHHHHH.[/i]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 1589
Profile #35
quote:
No. Besides, everyone I've spoken to so far likes it. I'm not going to let someone with 16 posts tell me what's "dumb".
(1) Sorry, I didn't knew that many posters appreciate it.
(2) I was, as softly as possible, stating my opinion, I hope you won't mind.
(3) I think that it's really childish to judge someone according to their postcounts. It's just a bloody postcount, not your virtual-penis.
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #36
In a ten-month period you've made 17 posts. It doesn't look like my banner would affect you very much.

[ Monday, April 21, 2003 10:52: Message edited by: Vladimir Scorpius ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 1589
Profile #37
Yes, I'm very sorry for not spamming every thread I've read, I didn't knew it was a requirement here...

No, really, is it?

EDIT: To be more precise, do I get punished if I don't make ~300 posts in the following 5 days? Is the postcount a clear indication of the "coolness" of a poster?

[ Monday, April 21, 2003 11:00: Message edited by: Realism.or.Death ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 521
Profile Homepage #38
Wow! I can judge according to post count? Bow to me Scorp! For I am more postlier!

Nah, Judging on post counts once a person is beyond a hundred is wrong. Other wise the spammers would be our masters and lieges.

--------------------
I am not really here.
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally posted by Realism.or.Death:
Yes, I'm very sorry for not spamming every thread I've read, I didn't knew it was a requirement here...

No, really, is it?

EDIT: To be more precise, do I get punished if I don't make ~300 posts in the following 5 days? Is the postcount a clear indication of the "coolness" of a poster?

Tee hee.. Listen, you prissy little sap. You weren't "stating your opinions". You told me to remove it.

And like Ikari said, although post counts aren't important after 100, when someone who barely uses the board starts demanding that people bend to his will for his "convenience", then there's a problem.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 1589
Profile #40
quote:
Tee hee.. Listen, you prissy little sap. You weren't "stating your opinions". You told me to remove it.

And like Ikari said, although post counts aren't important after 100, when someone who barely uses the board starts demanding that people bend to his will for his "convenience", then there's a problem
No, I _asked_ you to remove it. That's why I said "please". I hope that this issue is now settled.

OTOH, you are now _insulting_ me, and say that you have a right to do so, because my postcount is under 100.

quote:
It's not about post counts it's about being active, of which RoD is not.

It might surprise you, but some of us do read the posts without replying to them, simply because they think that they don't have anything important to add anymore.

[ Monday, April 21, 2003 11:15: Message edited by: Realism.or.Death ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #41
It's not about post counts it's about being active, of which RoD is not.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Regardless, let's sum and end this little flame war. RoD called Scorp's image dumb and asked him to remove it. Scorp feels no obligation to remove it because he is one of the first members of the boards, and without him the boards wouldn't be what they were today, and RoD is just a not very active newb who he feels has no right to ask him to remove the sig image.

Case closed.

[ Monday, April 21, 2003 11:16: Message edited by: Feran ]

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
quote:

And like Ikari said, although post counts aren't important after 100, when someone who barely uses the board starts demanding that people bend to his will for his "convenience", then there's a problem
No, I _asked_ you to remove it. That's why I said "please". I hope that this issue is now settled.

OTOH, you are now _insulting_ me, and say that you have a right to do so, because my postcount is under 100.

IMAGE(http://mike.reed.org/media/crying_baby.jpg)

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #43
I warned you, R.o.D.
You got snootiness and a slightly sequitur picture. One and a half out of three.

--------------------
Aces off.
Apprentice
Member # 1589
Profile #44
quote:
and RoD is just a not very active newb who he feels has no right to ask him to remove the sig image.
Yep, postcount creates a clear image of the (a) activity (b) quality.

Scorp, that's an image of a crying baby. No, it doesn't make me a crying baby. For me, it seems like a clear indication that you have nothing intelligent to say, anymore, if we presume that your previous posts were intelligent.

Anyways, let's indeed wrap this up. This 30 minutes has taught me the fact that I should avoid stating my opinions, because my inferior postcount makes me a definite üntermenschen. I'll go back to lurk, for now.
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
I'll go back to lurk, for now.
Please do.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #46
Notice, however, that the signature banner did disappear. For now.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #47
Bahh, Scorp just forgot to put it in.. :P

--------------------
Meet the savior. KYMCO Super Fever will force you to do so. Haw.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #48
^ :eek: Happy Easter again, BTW.

(Not sure the 'wage of sin is death' school of thought re. AIDS in Africa is considered particularly progressive in the 21st century! At least, I think that's where discussion of the 'sin of lust' led us... :confused: )
Shock Trooper
Member # 1621
Profile #49
Here we celebrate "Easter Island Head Day" instead of that plain old Easter. We gather in my friends back yard (or wherever there's room) and make Easter Island head replicas.

Feran, come and see last years at the SE corner of Madison and Kathryn if you are so inclined. I wouldn't recommend sneaking around to see the three new ones in the back though, just in case the dogs are out.

- Rat replica

[ Tuesday, April 22, 2003 10:38: Message edited by: Xian Rat ]

--------------------
Enjoying Fascism yet?

Pages