Wow

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wow
Apprentice
Member # 17415
Profile #0
I don't want to make a big to do about this and I hope all but Jeff disregard this and the topic is lost quite quickly.

But I must say, that you (Jeff) write very differently on Irony Central then here. I'm sure that has to do with the potential of more kids here.

And I am not insulting either style of writing, I think you're stories on Irony Central are quite amusing.

--------------------
It's a lonely thing floating out on the sea.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #1
The reason for this is simple; these forums are family-friendly, Irony Central is not.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Some of Irony Central is also a decade and a half old. People can change in that much time, although Jeff still is and always will be our fearless Scorched Earth Party leader.

—Alorael, who suspects that no one but Jeff will disregard this topic. He's generally the least likely to read General posts, especially in topics with highly generic names.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 14311
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Variant Mechanics:

—Alorael, who suspects that no one but Jeff will disregard this topic. He's generally the least likely to read General posts, especially in topics with highly generic names.
why am i seeing this all over the boards? what is alorael-is it you? i am confused, and this brings scorched earth policy no 1 regarding lead pipes to mind. Losing...Focus...

rage...!

--------------------
you will submit to my will...MindDuel!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Originally by brock petersdorf-nelson:

quote:
why am i seeing this all over the boards? what is alorael-is it you?
Dikiyoba believes Alorael's signature gimmick is secretly a cunning plan to distract the pedestrians.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
Elaine is going out with Jimmy.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #6
I've been uncharacteristically afraid to ask that question, and I've sort of figured it was a very old running joke among long-timers and beta testers here on the SW boards.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
It's not an in-joke; it's one person's gimmick. Member 335 changes his PDN every day, but always has the same style of signature. One other person has quoted one of his signature lines in their own signature, the one about trying to be a deivore. Occasionally other people imitate the gimmick. Otherwise, though, any post that ends with '— Alorael, who ...' is from the same member, Alorael. He's been around a long time, he's a moderator, he has the highest post-count around.

The in-jokes are that Alorael is addicted to skribbane, is either a septuagenarian Eskimo or a transvestite Korean businessman, and enjoys recreational sniping of pedestrians. It's not clear those are the in-jokes Alorael would have chosen for himself, but you play the hand you're dealt.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Hi, I'm Alorael and I largely approve the above message.

—Alorael, who chose for himself the signature, the sniping, and the skribbane. The septuagenarian thing is actually from Jeff Vogel and about his fans in general, not any particular one. The Korean businessman is from Desperance, once upon a time (What's Desp? Another story). The transvestite is a latter-day addition.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
How interesting about Elaine and Jimmy, though. Will their relationship have a future after they discover that in real life Jimmy is female, and Elaine is male?

Actually I guess it will be more of a dealbreaker that Jimmy is really seven years old, and Elaine is a neutered Dachshund.

Or maybe that will be what makes it work.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4668
Profile #10
quote:
these forums are family-friendly, Irony Central is not.
The central irony (boom boom!) is of course that due to this forum being hosted on the ironycentral.com domain, it is diligently blocked by web censors everywhere. It is NSFW by association.

Which is why I wish that the new forum would move to one of the Spiderweb domains - spidweb.com or spiderwebsoftware.com - making it clear that the forum is related to Spiderweb Software, not Irony Central.
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Belgarath the Sorcerer:

The central irony (boom boom!) is of course that due to this forum being hosted on the ironycentral.com domain, it is diligently blocked by web censors everywhere. It is NSFW by association.

For me, it's just the opposite. Spidweb.com is considered NSFW because it hosts games and it will slow down the peon's productivity, and the entire economy will collaspe. The boss doesn't really care about Irony Central.

--------------------
"I liked white better."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
Rampaging mobs thrashing everybody they can find with lead pipes would probably have some economical impact as well, one would think. :P

Edit: As does a freaking bulletin board that people can spend hours reading and posting in.

[ Saturday, May 03, 2008 09:10: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Maybe he's in the lead pipe industry? :P

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #14
Sorry, my post ended up in the wrong topic. :(

[ Saturday, May 03, 2008 19:06: Message edited by: Executor Xel'Raga ]

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #15
Where can I file moniker infringement against The Masked Man of Mystery?
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #16
Mud crab

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Variant Mechanics:

Hi, I'm Alorael and I largely approve the above message.

—Alorael, who chose for himself the signature, the sniping, and the skribbane. The septuagenarian thing is actually from Jeff Vogel and about his fans in general, not any particular one. The Korean businessman is from Desperance, once upon a time (What's Desp? Another story). The transvestite is a latter-day addition.

You are being buried in memes. We need to start an "Alorael Facts" page, just like Chuck Norris.

Alorael ran out of skribbane once. It is now mandated by multiple international environmental protocols that this not be allowed to happen again.

[ Monday, May 05, 2008 01:23: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Mysterious Man:

See Austin Powers.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Mysterious Man:

Hey now! I claim the divine right of 2003 which trumps the divine right of 2005. If you argue with this rule, I will claim divine right again to trump your objection.

However, rest assured that copying you was not one of my reasons for adopting MMofM.

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by The Masked Man of Mystery:

Hey now! I claim the divine right of 2003 which trumps the divine right of 2005. If you argue with this rule, I will claim divine right again to trump your objection.

However, rest assured that copying you was not one of my reasons for adopting MMofM.

But MM (otherwise known as member #5) does not have the divine right of 2005. He has the divine right of 2001 which trumps your measly 2003. The UBB cannot take away his divine right no matter what hiccup it has.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #21
Thanks, Jewels.

I can't believe I just got score-boarded. I'm slowly fading into obscurity. :(
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #22
Of course you are, silly. What else did you expect?

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Faint Piping of Two Demoniac Flutes:

Of course you are, silly. What else did you expect?
I'm a living Spidweb legend, damnit.

I was a mod before that stupid Drakefyre guy... jeez. Talk about over-hyped and over-rated.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Jewelz:

quote:
Originally written by The Masked Man of Mystery:

But MM (otherwise known as member #5) does not have the divine right of 2005. He has the divine right of 2001 which trumps your measly 2003. The UBB cannot take away his divine right no matter what hiccup it has.

Doh! Screwed by my own logic! Alright! Alight! I relent!

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?