How about a PSP or a DS port?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How about a PSP or a DS port?
Apprentice
Member # 14569
Profile #0
Hey guys.

Long time fan of your games.

Did you ever consider porting any of your games to the PSP? It's a powerful little system that desperately needs good RPG's.
Every time an RPG comes out and I try to track it down, I always get the "Sorry we are sold out" speech. I literally have to search 3-4 stores to get my game. This only happens with RPG or Strategy titles. When I wanted to buy Metal Gear or Bomberman, I was able to snag a copy right away at my local Best Buy. Not so with pretty much every RPG I tried to get.

Why not bring your games to the system? They should sell well if you just mark them as an RPG. Plus I would love to re-play all your games on my PSP. If you could add a few new things to the ports to spice them up, that would be even better.

If that is not an option, how about the DS? I am not a big fan of that gimmicky little thing, but I do enjoy the occasional game of Zelda and Animal Crossing. Obviously not as powerful as a PSP, but it has so many down right horrible games that good games should sell pretty well.

What does everyone think about this subject?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Lexinator, welcome to the Spiderweb Software Boards. Leave your sanity at the door.

Sadly, this topic has come up many, many times before, and it usually comes to the same conclusion: no dice. I honestly don't think that the games would gain much in translation, and in fact they'd probably lose more. I'm not sure about Jeff's views on the subject.

Though I will admit that using the DS stylus for targeting could be nice.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #2
Seconded. I guarantee this will never happen. I get the impression that's just not how Shareware works. Besides, it's already not very common to see these games get updated on the operating systems they're already on. Let alone ever seeing them on a PSP or DS.

Although… having BoA stuff on a device more portable than my laptop would be amazing. Imagine being able to design scenarios during a break at work… that'd be pretty sweet.

IMAGE(http://www.experimentaljetset.nl/archive/images/555.gif)

[ Monday, February 25, 2008 18:32: Message edited by: Nemesis. ]

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #3
If you were willing to do it yourself, you could port BoE to the DS using the various homebrew development tools out there. However, the DS only has 4mb of internal RAM. Although external RAM (up to 32mb) can be purchased, I think you might have a tough time skimming BoE down that much. I think I'll stick to developing perl scripts for dsLinux...

[ Monday, February 25, 2008 18:40: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum