The New Kid in Town

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The New Kid in Town
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #0
Yes, this is possibly the 193rd independent nation in the world.

I don't find it surprising that the U.S. sticks it's hand into the situation, but nonetheless, Russia and Serbia are uneasy about it.

Based on the article, I've concluded war could possibly break out, despite of troops already placed there by NATO. So what do you think of it?

[ Sunday, February 17, 2008 18:11: Message edited by: Excalibur ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
Are you addicted to CBS? There are hundreds of news sources out there on the intarwits, and you come back to the same one every time. As far as the story, this is yet another example of people not being able to negotiate to a resolution. Instead they have drawn a line in the sand, knowing that other folks will have to die because of it. Pitiful.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Are you addicted to CBS?
Nah, I've posted a Yahoo article once or twice, and UBB usually rejects Wikinews articles because of something about parenthesis. (Don't know why that happens)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Let that be a lesson to all of you kids: If UBB doesn't accept it, it's not a valid news source and isn't worth mentioning.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
This has been on the news for the past couple weeks. Unfortunately, with Russia on the Security Council, the UN will not recognize Kosovo as a nation any time soon.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #5
Pfft. Old news. Heard about it mid-January on the BBC. No one's going to war over something so small, with players that big. Kosovo's probably just going to get embargoed, blockaded, et cetera. Something like Palestine.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"To fly, throw yourself at the ground and miss." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #6
They are just a bunch of terorists and criminals.Soner or later they'l start attacking US and EU.So stupid of them to support such a hmm...province.

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by LakiRa@:

They are just a bunch of terrorists and criminals
What in the world makes you say that?

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by LakiRa@:

They are just a bunch of terorists and criminals.Soner or later they'l start attacking US and EU.So stupid of them to support such a hmm...province.
I don't think a small province in the middle of the Balkan States is going to attack the United States or the European Union. Serbia did try to conquer the whole region in the 1800's, but Kosovo doesn't seem like a place that harbors terrorists.

Edit: We'll probably forget about Kosovo after a while, as most people don't know what East Timor is.

[ Monday, February 18, 2008 11:49: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #9
If I remember correctly, Lakir@ is from that area of the world. It stands to reason that she(?) would have a better understanding than most Americans.

The very fact that that CBS article described the scene in Kosovo as a bunch of folks shooting their guns into the air in celebration of independence does lend some credence to that characterization.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #10
KLA is a terrorist group and everyone from their goverment is former KLA member.And it's a fact that it has a huge criminal problem.

p.s he not she

--------------------
Whats the point of signature?
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #11
It's part of some very messy unpicking of 1. the Ottoman empire, 2. former Jugoslavia, 3. Milo?ević's Greater Serbia. The region suffers from two problems: history and geography. There is no easy answer, and while it is possible for micro-states to exist peacefully (eg Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Guernsey, Jersey, Sark, and the Isle of Man) they do tend to need the support of their neighbours for defence.

--------------------
But it's the unsquandered youth that is truly wasted.

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!