Heath Ledger

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Heath Ledger
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #25
For most artists today, pixelation is a career-ending condition. (Black Mage is a token figure, boosted by the media so we can all show how liberal we are.) At 1960's resolution it didn't matter, because no-one could tell the difference anyway, so Paul McCartney had a fine career. He'd never make it today.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #26
Are you referring to appearences or voice fidelity? If it comes down to his voice, I'm interested to hear your argument. If your insinuating that he doesn't look good enough for the modern music industry (and I think you are), then I quite agree. I would note, however, that very few classic rock stars would have made it in the modern world, and that the classical composers would probably failed to land so much as a debut for their pieces.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Actaeon:

Are you referring to appearences or voice fidelity? If it comes down to his voice, I'm interested to hear your argument. If your insinuating that he doesn't look good enough for the modern music industry (and I think you are), then I quite agree. I would note, however, that very few classic rock stars would have made it in the modern world, and that the classical composers would probably failed to land so much as a debut for their pieces.
Whoosh.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Actaeon:

[T]he classical composers would probably failed to land so much as a debut for their pieces.
Exactly. Some of those older guys were only woodcuts, for heaven's sake. Maybe a sharp Daguerrotype would have a chance, but they'd have to have a heck of an agent (at least an MP4).

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #29
Oh these days you can just Photoshop their appearance. As long as you avoid live concerts you can get away with anything. Live events have the risk of them finding out that you lipsynch.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
Bah. Those old woodcuts had character and individuality that these modern artists lack. And digital? One good magnet and they're down for the count. The real classics are forever as long as you keep them away from fire.

—Alorael, who will have you know that Domenico Scarlatti was hewn from raw stone by hand. He's weathered centuries and he'll weather centuries more until erosion takes its toll.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages