Who Killed General?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who Killed General?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #50
Well, we have Aran's archives. If this board dies, we can just create a new one, with those as the history.

Doing any more would really be pointless.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #51
I don't know who killed the General forums, but I hear Colonel Sanders killed General Tso.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

I propose the creation of back-up boards. Some one who has time, and the desire and knowledge do so, should make a set of boards set up exactly like these ones. Same sub-forums (Exile trilogy, General, etc.) same links, and so forth.
Well, the archives look like that already. And the database backend is essentially a forum - it's just one that can't be posted to directly.

Right now I don't have time to implement something that will only be used in case of catastrophic collapse of UBB (after all, if the archives were directly writable while UBB survived, they would no longer be proper archives). But depending on urgency, I think as little as one week might be sufficient... :)

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #53
A somewhat relevant question: How come Endeavor is currently displaying a long list of individuals who are supposedly turning thirty-eight today?

So the foul progeny of my foolishness consumed the stability of UBB? I'm at a loss for words...

--------------------
I dub thee...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #54
I forget what exactly is the matter, but some part of the date handling in the Endeavor breaks for dates before 1970. These dates are therefore set to 1970-01-01 00:00 GMT. Hence the 38th birthdays.

Edit: Which is 1969-12-31 evening where the server stands. That's why the birthdays were yesterday, not today.

[ Tuesday, January 01, 2008 09:01: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #55
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Myst killed General. In the Spiderweb-Noob Wars. With the Beatle's Revolver, UK version.
Moi?

Pages