Advice for the needy.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Advice for the needy.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #0
About a month ago I got a new computer and instead of using windows I dowloaded Linux. With this transition I could no longer play spidweb games because Wine is not a very good system to play games on. Now after having been used to the wonders of Linux I must say that the only reason anyone should even consider using a windows operating system is to play these games. Therefore if you do not like these games and have windows I sugest you take this simple advice, Get the hell off windows and dowload Linux.
Apprentice
Member # 6763
Profile #1
So, to summarize: You came onto the Spiderweb software boards to look for people who don't play games so as to advise these hypothetical people on changing operating systems? Rule #1 in public speaking (or speech acts): Know your audience.

Oh, and a lot of us are Mac people anyways, of course.

[ Tuesday, December 18, 2007 17:50: Message edited by: troglodyte #1 ]

--------------------
--If you lived here, you'd be home by now--
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #2
Yeah I find it too redundent to know your audience.............either that or I'm really lazy.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #3
This is the General Section after all..spread your beliefs, gods, goddesses, chickens, whatever..it's ok..

And for the sake of it..I hate Linux..I hate, hate, hate it with a passion..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #4
In my eyes Windows and Linux are poor operating systems. I prefer Macs by a long shot.

I don't anticipate this thread lasting for any long durations of time.

--------------------
A Bile Crux
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #5
The only reason i would get a mac is for a laptop but for a PC I would want Linux. How can anyone hate Linux it rocks.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #6
Linux bored me to death in my summer vacation..less compatible games..@_@

Though the penguin is cute..

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #7
If you don't play many games like I do and work of your computer Linux is great.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Linux is a great operating system, but Mac is also a great operating system. The latter has a slightly better software selection, and in the end you're quite likely to need some kind of emulation if you want those fancy new Windows games.

—Alorael, who concludes that in a few years the Google/Apple/Linux merger will produce the only OS, the only software, and the only information worth having. If you're not cached you won't count.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #9
TRS-DOS trumps them all. Both Mac and PC are poorly designed and shoddily programmed.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
You can still play BoE on Linux if that version still works and Basilisk Games made a version of Eschalon: Book I that works on some Linux systems. It's really funny to read how that game can fail depending on the Linux version in use.

Actually Linux is a secret Microsoft plot to fragment the operating system market so that user buy Microsoft in frustration. Then Apple allowed Windows to work on their computers and Gates had a fit and died. They have an impersonator that they bring out to give interviews and speeches.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Actually Linux is a secret Microsoft plot to fragment the operating system market so that user buy Microsoft in frustration. Then Apple allowed Windows to work on their computers and Gates had a fit and died. They have an impersonator that they bring out to give interviews and speeches.

Conspiracies..you can't live without them..

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
BoE will soon (already?) work for Linux, and I believe I have successfully run BoA in Wine before. If this is impossible, I may be wrong.

The OP starts off with an interesting point, which is that the single greatest drawback of switching to an ultimately superior operating system is to lose access to the broad range of Windows software. I recommend dualbooting or virtual machines (although I only have experience with the former).

However, the interpretation of this point ("if you do not like these games" wait, why are we here again?) is rather confused. Misery is a state this topic is leaving soon, courtesy of AranBot.