Urgent

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Urgent
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #0
Hello again!

I have one question if anyone has experience about this - I ordered a game five minutes ago and I realized - too late, sadly - that I forgot to write the expiration date on the card. I know, I'm not used to shopping on the internet.
So, what should I do now - should I send another order form or send them an e-mail - anyone has any experience?

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #1
An email explaining what happened should work. As far as I know, the system is small enough that its not heavily automated, so your email will be read and incorporated into your order.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #2
I think they may actually process each transaction individually, so yeah - go ahead and email.

--------------------
In today’s America, there are more World of Warcraft players than farmers.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #3
Just don't give the card number out in the same email! Emails are unencrypted data, available to read for anyone with the required skills. Giving the expiration date, your name and explaining the situation should be sufficient.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
Except that intercepting two emails is inconsequentially more difficult than intercepting one. So splitting up the information is not quite as secure as using ROT13.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Since the card number was sent in via the encrypted order form, giving additional non-number information by email doesn't actually make things much less secure.

—Alorael, who insists on hand-encrypting all information he sends in the clear with Pontifex/Solitaire. Anyone who really cares what he has to say will take the trouble to decrypt it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #6
I know the card number was initially sent encrypted. The reason I gave the warning was in case AnarhIztok decided to be extra helpful with his email á là: "Hello, I just purchased game X with credit card no. XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, and forgot the expiration date, which is YY/ZZ. My name is John Doe." Now that would've been dumb.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
Encryption means never having to say 19un&mlcM,ß.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Light Upon the Auric Waters:

—Alorael, who insists on hand-encrypting all information he sends in the clear with Pontifex/Solitaire. Anyone who really cares what he has to say will take the trouble to decrypt it.
KWKML UXFLX. (root) :P

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I don't care that much about what you have to say. Sorry.

—Alorael, who addressed Aran with his previous comment, not you. Although really, sending two different emails from two different locations and two different addresses ought to up your security as long as the problem is on your end and not Jeff's.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #10
OK! Thanks! It all worked out OK! I just sent an e-mail.
And don't worry - I figured they'd know who I am since I sent from an address which I gave at purchasing.

ps: Sorry for the delayed reply (in case you cared how it went:)), but I've been snowboarding and then fell sick, so the game really came at an appropriate time. :)

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #11
Next time that happens, just send all your information to me. I'll take care of it.