neat idea

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: neat idea
Apprentice
Member # 11690
Profile #25
Reusing the big fight areas would be easy but you would still have to edit it slightly for a multiplayer battle, to make sure it was engaging and not just the same old. Also i suppose $15 isnt exactly alot of money but unless it had new maps it wouldnt be worth the money.
Apprentice
Member # 8633
Profile Homepage #26
Still, how much time can it make to create the maps? I assume they've fashioned a creation system for them of sorts. So they could use a combination of tweaked current maps and new ones made for the game.

And obviously the single player mode would need some new maps, I dont think you ever go into the underground shaper battles in the games, do you? (I could be wrong, I'm only three fourths through geneforge and only played the demos of the other ones)
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #27
Combining maps wouldnt be enought for the game so anyway there have to be some new ones or game would be small and boring and deffinetly not worth 15$.

--------------------
You must show me respect becouse...never mind why but do respect me!
All hail me, your...something.
Don't contradict me or I'l...GUARDS!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #28
Falco - The point is that "they" is one guy, sitting in his basement. He, not they, is busy creating a new game called Avernum 5 (The Empire Strikes Back) and is soon to start on a new game called Geneforge 5. These games, the new ones, make money for him. Lotsa money. So much money that he can afford gold plated Ferraris. For him to make a Battlezone version of Geneforge would take time that is better spent on more lucrative projects. It is a shame that he doesn't have a "they" working for him, that can directed to make smaller, niche products. Perhaps some day he will be bored, and will read through these comments, and after having me erased will decide to make your game, priced at $15, and will sell 1000 copies of it. I hope so. But I hope he finishes his other projects first, and fixes BoA (Bugs of Avernum) first.
:P

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Apprentice
Member # 8633
Profile Homepage #29
i say they referring to the company, I know its one person. But I always refer to companies as they (since they always say 'us' even if tis one person).

My point was it'd take him a week at most to create it, assuming he has geneforge's systems organized in an efficient manner, and its be a great budget game (dont correct me, i know how programming works). He'd make plenty of money considering time taken, im sure, and players would enjoy it (dont lie, even people here against the idea would buy it. Very little doubt in my mind).

but whatever. I was just pitching an idea.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by falco1029:

assuming he has geneforge's systems organized in an efficient manner
*giggle*

Might want to take a look at the source code for BoE or the BoA Editor sometime.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 11690
Profile #31
yeah well falco is right i probably would buy it even if it wasnt any good but i would rather spend my money on something like Avernum 5 or Geneforge 5 as it would be compleatly new
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by falco1029:

assuming he has geneforge's systems organized in an efficient manner
*giggle*

Might want to take a look at the source code for BoE or the BoA Editor sometime.

Don't forget how many betas it takes to just get the graphics correct for the terrain.

Jeff reuses as much code as he possibly can with some very strange results. Some bugs are so hidden that it takes weeks of testing to even see them.

Pages