Anyone ever thought of it?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Anyone ever thought of it?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #0
I play Neverwinter Nights a lot and a friend of mine designs modules for it. Recently I've been thinking "Has anyone ever thought of making a Spiderweb Mod?" such as the Avernum map for an NWN module. I think it could be big since NWN's hak packs and modiblity would allow such things as horses, new spells etc etc.

Just a thought but I'd certainly play.

Kinda reminds me of the old "If you won a million dollars" threads.

--------------------
I have just realised I have reached 200 posts. The problem is I have absolutely no idea how I made them!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
This topic has happened before. Granted, it digressed very quickly into the merits of Wikipedia, but the conclusion was that it would take way too long.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #2
My first reaction was that SW community efforts would be better spent on more (and richer) BOA scenarios, but it could put a bug in NWN'ers who like the mod and bring some of them here to try a real SW game. :)

I asked about an Ultima Blades of Avernum mod, but the response was similar: "too time consuming".

Maybe I'll try my hand at a BOA scenario. Back when I was a pre-teen I spent all sorts of time building games for Adventure Construction Set for the Commodore 64. I made a decent one called "Adepts Revenge" based on the characters from Archon II: Adept. Hmmm, my skills may be a bit rusty.

[ Tuesday, September 11, 2007 09:18: Message edited by: Ming ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Ming:

Maybe I'll try my hand at a BOA scenario.
Go for it. It's a little difficult at first, but everyone in the community is here to help.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
A short NWN campaign is definitely feasible. A longer one, not so much, as there won't be any community support to speak of. I can't see any reason why not, especially if your friend is an experienced designer already. Legal problems, perhaps?

Must... resist... shameless... plug...

--------------------
IMAGE(http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~script/gifs/se_eye.jpg)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Seriously, get your friend to use ScriptEase if he/she isn't already (click the picture; it's hotlinked). It's much faster, and the default CodePak is large enough now that you can create an entire module without touching NWNScript once.

[ Tuesday, September 11, 2007 17:35: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]