NwN Scenario

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NwN Scenario
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
If I were to make a NeverwinterNights scenario, would anyone play it?(Those that could)

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
Of what? A Spiderweb game?

Sure, I'd give it a try if it was any good. However, I doubt this topic will remain alive very long...

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
Firstly, there are no scenarios for Neverwinter Nights. They are called modules.

Secondly, the idea sounds great, but the odds of someone actually going through with it are astronomical. If you really are intent on this, I would suggest something small, like Nethergate.

Thirdly, I'm not sure whether this would be considered copyright infringement or not.

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 18:03: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
Wait, for Neverwinter Nights itself or BoX?

If BoX, I would try it.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
I have a feeling that if it was for BoX/BoA, the odds of it being completed would be even lower...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Shuan Wuan:

If I were to make a NeverwinterNights scenario, would anyone play it?(Those that could)
If you mean remaking Exile/Avernum as a NeverwinterNights mod, Jeff would never let you do it.

If you mean a mod set in Exile/Avernum universe, Jeff might still object, you'll have to ask him.

If you are just planning to make a random mod and asking about interest here, I still wouldn't play it, because I don't have Neverwinter Nights.

[ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 18:37: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #6
Neverwhat Night?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #7
What the [...] is NeverWinterNights?

quote:
Originally written by Springer Bell:

Neverwhat Night?
:D

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Wikipedia is your friend, goddamnit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights

[ Wednesday, May 10, 2006 03:38: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #9
Really, that should be placed as a header for General.

--------------------
Have YOU checked Wikipedia first?
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Really, that should be placed as a header for General.

--------------------
Have YOU checked Wikipedia first?

Is Wikipedia the new Google?

And what about all other online encyclopedias? They might not have random computer games, but when talking about historical events, or scientific subjects, I'd trust editors of Britannica more than I'd trust a bunch of anonimous people online, especially when Wikipedia can be edited by any random passerby.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #11
Got that right. Once, when I was younger and a whole lot less wiser(I was 9, okay?), I went around every piece of Star Wars related material I could find and replaced it with this simple message: **** STAR WARS!!!!!
If any of you need me, I'll be in the concrete bunker and/or bomb shelter.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Wikipedia is your friend, goddamnit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights

I knew that. The point I was trying to make is that many people would not know what Neverwinter Nights is.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Is Wikipedia the new Google?

And what about all other online encyclopedias? They might not have random computer games, but when talking about historical events, or scientific subjects, I'd trust editors of Britannica more than I'd trust a bunch of anonimous people online, especially when Wikipedia can be edited by any random passerby.

Well, yes. That's why I wouldn't reference Wikipedia when writing a paper (although I generally wouldn't reference Britannica either). Wikipedia's still a pretty damned good source of pop culture trivia. :P

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Wickerpedia

Not useful, but possibly funny for a second. It would be better if there were more articles.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
Which Encyclopedia is better? It's not all that clear.

—Alorael, who would be careful to read the discussion and history of any Wikipedia article he were going to take seriously on an unfamiliar topic. Hot topics are sadly often hopeless edit wars and should be taken with a pound of salt.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
Here's my take on it:

quote:
In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the Outer Eastern Rim of the Galaxy, the Hitch Hiker's Guide has already supplanted the great Encyclopaedia Galactica as the standard repository of all knowledge and wisdom, for though it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the older, more pedestrian work in two important respects.

First, it is slightly cheaper; and second, it has the words Don't Panic inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.
:P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Delete Immediately:

Which Encyclopedia is better? It's not all that clear.

—Alorael, who would be careful to read the discussion and history of any Wikipedia article he were going to take seriously on an unfamiliar topic. Hot topics are sadly often hopeless edit wars and should be taken with a pound of salt.

That's why I prefer Google. That way I at least know who wrote the material I am reading and can figure out their bias.

As for Nature's study, I assume that they checked scientific articles, which are Wikipedia's strength. (I assume few people would try to use a page about Theory of Relativity as the soapbox for their political views.) If Nature looked at articles on history and current events, I suspect results would be quite different.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

As for Nature's study, I assume that they checked scientific articles, which are Wikipedia's strength.
Correct. And even so, Britannica wrote a fairly detailed response pointing out flaws in the study. For one thing, most of the "errors" in Britannica articles weren't errors at all, just differences of opinion. For another, there was a general consensus that Britannica's articles tended to be better structured and easier to understand. About 30 of Wikipedia's articles were sent back because they were so poorly structured as to be unreviewable -- those articles didn't count toward Wikipedia's error count.

quote:
(I assume few people would try to use a page about Theory of Relativity as the soapbox for their political views.)
You'd be surprised.

[ Thursday, May 11, 2006 13:11: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I do have to say that I find reading discussions entertaining regardless of subject matter. It is unfortunate that Wikipedia is edited by the most passionate and therefore least reliable people conversant with any particular subject.

Except pure math. And even then, it can get ugly. Newton's notation or Leibniz's? The latter may have won all the battles in the last few centuries, but Wikipedia can't exclude that NPOV Newtonian minority!

—Alorael, who also just saw a cut out Doonesbury about creationism and drug resistance evolution. Plagiarism of Spidweb or by Spidweb?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00