Is this "SubTerra"?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is this "SubTerra"?
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #0
I dug around for references to the "discontinued support" game Subterra mentioned in these forums, and found this:

http://crystalshard.net/index.php?p=6

Not to be a Topic Necromancer, but is this the game that Spiderweb Software used to also offer at one time?

Just curious.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Yup.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #2
Thanks. I finally found a link to it on one of the front pages.

I also found this "Galactic Core" game, but only through a Google search, that must be the Richard White games: Galactic Core, Lost Souls, and Ocean Bound (not sure if these were all offered here or not). For member #7, I'm sure this stuff is all old news. :)

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/GalacticCore/index.html

Seems like you can still download the demo but can't order it. Chromite Software also seems to be a dead link.

Again, just poking around and wondering.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #3
Praise Google, I found the Lost Souls page as well: http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/lostsouls/index.html

Lost Souls is one ingenious, tactical challenge after another, featuring beautiful graphics and sounds and 60 levels to conquer. It is by Richard White, the creator of Ocean Bound, and distributed by Spiderweb Software Inc., makers of the award-winning Exile series.

Features

· 60 levels to conquer
· Three difficulty settings per level
· Deploy soldiers, archers and knights
· Build bridges
· Capture vital guard towers
· Control territory
· Ambient Sounds

Requirements:

Lost Souls requires a 25MHz 68030 Macintosh or higher, 5 MB of free RAM, 2.5 MB of hard disk space and a minimum 13 inch monitor capable of supporting thousands of colours. System 7 is also required.

A windows version is not available and will not be developed. This decision is made by the developer.

IMAGE(http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/images/LostSouls/ls_shot1.gif)
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
Did you know that there is an edit button? You can edit your posts.
It is confusing for many people when there is a double post, I just thought I'd let you know.

Anyway, Spiderweb Software doesn't support these games anymore

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
Getting back on topic, if you're looking for a SubTerra message board, there's one here. Several other games are featured there as well.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #6
Thanks for the link Mystic, and Iffy, that post on non-support was what got me curious in the first place. :)
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Ming:

I also found this "Galactic Core" game, but only through a Google search, that must be the Richard White games: Galactic Core, Lost Souls, and Ocean Bound (not sure if these were all offered here or not).
Seems like you can still download the demo but can't order it. Chromite Software also seems to be a dead link.

You probably can still buy the games from Spidweb. At least some people bought some of them relatively recently. However, almost everybody says that the games aren't worth buying anyway.

As for SubTerra, it's now free, and is definitely worth downloading if you like puzzle games.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Ming:

Thanks for the link Mystic
Anytime.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.