How he does it.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How he does it.
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #0
I was just wondering. Does Jeff make all these games by himself from scratch or does he have a team. From what I gather he is solo but I'd like to know if I'm wrong. Thanks :D

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
He pretty much makes them himself from scratch. Apparently his two assistants help with some of the town design in a very basic way, but that's about it.

Ah, here it is:
quote:
The Team
We're a charming little company in a basement in lovely Seattle, Washington. It's me and two employees. I handle the bulk of the design and coding. My employees handle the business and web end, and help me with doing the design.

Generally, how it works is I sketch out a dungeon or town or something on paper, and then hand that design to an assistant. It then gets sketched in the editor in a crude way before being handed back to me, and I do all the fiddly stuff - placing items and creatures, scripting special encounters and dialogue, and so on.

There was also Andrew Hunter, a freelance artist who does almost all of my icon work. He's fast, reliable, and good, and he's been helping me out for years and years. Professional comic and fantasy artist Phil Foglio does a bit of hilarious line art for me. But it's a pretty small project.
From the BoA Wrap Report.

[ Friday, June 01, 2007 18:14: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Of course, he uses the engine of earlier games in making his new ones, with minor modifications. This allows him to focus more on the actual storyline and less on the game's actual workings.

--------------------
-ben4808
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #3
In programming, it's much more efficient to use existing models when possible, rather than completely re-inventing the wheel with every single project.
Apprentice
Member # 8596
Profile #4
It's like ZUN for western RPGs... Crazy.

--------------------
ni~pah