Neverwinter Nights

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Neverwinter Nights
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
I've seen references to it here, so I know a few of you have played it. I'm looking for a good site to answer my questions, or perhaps, some one here can simply answer them.

For example, The prestige class Red Dragon Disciple looks interesting, but is it worth the 10 levels of Sorcerer I won't be getting? For the sorcerer I plan to train in this class, would 18 charisma 14 dexterity and 10 everything else work, or would I find myself woefully lacking in some area?

Also, are any domains for my cleric particularly better than the others?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
I play Neverwinter Nights a bunch - used to play it more, but haven't for a while - and, um...

No, I don't really know a good place for strategy discussions for it, but... Red Dragon Disciple is pretty bad for actual sorcerors, since its benefit is basically nothing compared to the 10 levels of spellcasting you're missing. It's usually fighter-types who want to use Devastating Critical that take that class.

Yes, some domains are particularly better. No, I don't remember which ones. Sorry. :P
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #2
Honestly, in my opinion, the only advantage to being a Red Dragon Disciple is the wings. :P

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #3
The wings totally make it worthwhile.
I almost never used any of the special abilities.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #4
The dragon disciple is great. The strength gains, AC bonuses and immunities really are great for a fighting class.

I tried a Bard/Weaponmaster/RDD once. Tricky to pull off but it kicked a lot of asses.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Arachnid:

The dragon disciple is great. The strength gains, AC bonuses and immunities really are great for a fighting class.

I tried a Bard/Weaponmaster/RDD once. Tricky to pull off but it kicked a lot of asses.
Why?

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #6
You need at least one level in Bard or Sorcerer, or else you can't earn your wings. Or anything from the Dragon Disciple classes. This is because you need Dragon Blood for the RDD, and the spellcasting from Bards and Sorcerers stems from some dragon blood. (by the way, what were your levels in those classes? I'd like to try that combo. Did you use the PRC pack? Because for me...it's probably not worth the slow loading anymore.)

Ah, Neverwinter Nights! I added the PRC pack, and it loaded very slowly. VERY slowly. It seems to be even slower in my most recent attempt.

Before that, I played as a Shifter. Gave myself another level through cheats because I kept getting killed by these Slaads in the tower in the Underdark. I once dealt 117 damage to a Drow afterwards, for reasons unknown to me. It seemed far out of my weapon range.

Then I realized both the Shifter and Druid would both have Dragon form, and the Druid would also have a form with more spells, and an animal companion in all forms. So...the Shifter seemed kind of useless after that.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 07:26: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #7
A proper set of feats makes a Druid 10/Shifter 30 unstoppable. Unless you shift to a dragon and can't fit though a door. That gets annoying.

I tried to make a Paladin/Sorcerer/RDD. She sucked.

The PRC really slows things down (but is totally awesome). Try changing the sound settings to Miles 2D Audio. It should make it run a bit smoother.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

A proper set of feats makes a Druid 10/Shifter 30 unstoppable.
Intriguing! I wish to know more of this Uber-Shifter...through a pm, if necessary.

I once found a little gem called Dragon-Blooded in the PRC pack manual...but it seems to have disappeared, and I've seen no trace of it in-game. A pity, since it allowed one to become a Dragon Disciple without being a bard or sorcerer.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:55: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
Huh. They usually don't remove things. The PRC pack works fine for me, by the way.

Um, the main reason a Dragon Shaped Druid is unstoppable is that Dragon Shape gives you a MASSIVE bonus to Natural Armor, which means no one in the world can hit you.