Recommend a new (to me) game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Recommend a new (to me) game
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #25
Age of mythology was quite cool, specially the expansion, but maybe Phil don't like it because it's similar to warcraft, with different factions and units.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by The_Other_Guy:
quote:
The recent Mega Man games have become so crazily difficult to complete properly with all bonuses intact that I honestly can't imagine anyone actually trying, but if you want a ridiculous challenge you could look there.

I agree, I really liked the old Mega Man games, except MM1 and I also enjoyed the MMX series. These games were relatively difficult, but you didn't have a bunch of stupid bonuses to get in the way, like all the chips on MM Battle Network. (I still enjoyed it, but I didn't go get all the stupid chips or anything, even though I normally like to get 100% on games, it wasn't any fun to even try)
Ah, I had almost forgotten about those. I meant more along the lines of the MegaMan Zero games, where you get mission points taken off for every little slip-up to the point that to get a perfect rating, and all of the items and skills, you'd have to go through the entire game without getting hit. Get ready to save and reset, I guess!

(Of course, you can just use your Cyber-Elves and play it like a normal Mega Man game, but I felt guilty about killing them. For a while. Until I got a taste of how hard it is without them.)

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 18:57: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by philnotfil:

Anyway, my all-time favorite games have been X-Com, Civ II, and the Exile games.
Any suggestions?

If you liked Civ II, I'd highly recommend Civ IV, if your computer can handle it. The game is as fun as previous installments in that series and includes more strategic depth and better AI. You can turn off most of the extra graphics and turn on additional information displays to get a more utilitarian look you seem to prefer.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 8073
Profile #28
Wesnoth.org is a decent game. It is free, too.

The latest version has taken a signifigant step backwards, however. The graphics and logic have gotten too bulky I guess. The game runs too slowly.

--------
Ultimate Supreme Warrior Lord Jester of the Super Noobs
Apprentice
Member # 8122
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

quote:
Originally written by philnotfil:

Anyway, my all-time favorite games have been X-Com, Civ II, and the Exile games.
Any suggestions?

If you liked Civ II, I'd highly recommend Civ IV, if your computer can handle it. The game is as fun as previous installments in that series and includes more strategic depth and better AI. You can turn off most of the extra graphics and turn on additional information displays to get a more utilitarian look you seem to prefer.

That is good to know. I wandered around Civ IV a little on a friend's computer, but it had too much pretty stuff in the way of the important stuff. I may have to take another look at it.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #30
Try SubTerra. :)

Pages