Geneforge 4 on Digg.com, digg it and help out Spiderweb Software!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 4 on Digg.com, digg it and help out Spiderweb Software!
Apprentice
Member # 8068
Profile #0
I'm a fan of Spiderweb's games so I thought I'd submit the news of Geneforge's release on the PC and hopefully help out. If you own a digg account go digg the article.

It's also easy, and free, to sign up if you don't have an account so it's no excuse! :)

If you're a fan, go help out!
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Geneforge_4_Rebellion_Released_For_Windows
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
That's so thoughtful of you...

You can have this, enjoy:
IMAGE(http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/pointing-trowel-sm.jpg)

[ Sunday, February 11, 2007 18:44: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]
Apprentice
Member # 8068
Profile #2
I have done nothing to deserve sarcasm.

I've enjoyed the games from Spiderweb very much and all I am trying to do is to help out a little bit. I thought other fans of the games might be interested.

If you aren't interested in helping out, that's fine, but there's no need to be rude about it.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #3
We've been getting forum bots or whatever they're called lately. If you're sincere, then I apologize.

Edit: Typo

[ Sunday, February 11, 2007 19:10: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #4
I'm pretty sure the response proves its not a bot (but still and it because we have no dehumanizing gender neutral pronoun). The first post, though, could have been the work of an intellegent bot. The fact that it was a first post pointed to bot, the fact that it was actually on topic pointed to human or smart bot (I know... an oxymoron). So it equaled out. I do hate bots, though... Peakware was full of them when I worked cleaning out the Summit Logs.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

[IMG - hurr]

You retard, what part of that post in any way resembled a bot?

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 8068
Profile #6
np. I'm very sincere and not a bot. :)

Anyway, back on topic. I know Spiderweb is serving a niche market but I figure if we can get the article on the front page who knows how many people might get hooked. EA might not take notice of 100 sales, but for a small company that amount can be big.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Scorpius:

quote:

[IMG - hurr]

You retard, what part of that post in any way resembled a bot?

I'll try not to take offense at that since you didn't quote me, and assume that the anger was in relation to being rude to a newbie, not just considering the possibility of a bot.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
I also don't understand what makes you think he/she/it is a bot. Most bots are advertising products or sites. This non-bot individual is advertising Geneforge 4 on another site. If you've never heard of Digg you might think a bot was gratuitously plugging it, but Digg is a well-known site that doesn't need any advertising and the post is far too intelligent and relevant to Spiderweb to be automatically generated.

Anyway, despite the rough start, welcome to Spiderweb! Leave your sanity at the door.

—Alorael, who wouldn't take rudeness from Scorp too seriously. He lives to point out the flaws in others when he's not bringing sunshine and joy. You never can tell with Scorp.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Alorael isn't funny anymore.:

—Alorael, who wouldn't take rudeness from Scorp too seriously. He lives to point out the flaws in others when he's not bringing sunshine and joy. You never can tell with Scorp.
IMAGE(http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3579/a12104blgkw6.jpg)

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
Digg is possibly the greatest aggregation of nonsense ever. It's like Slashdot, without the elitist flames.

(And yes, I post on both. But then, I'm here, too. :o )

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Alorael isn't funny anymore.:

I also don't understand what makes you think he/she/it is a bot. Most bots are advertising products or sites. This non-bot individual is advertising Geneforge 4 on another site. If you've never heard of Digg you might think a bot was gratuitously plugging it, but Digg is a well-known site that doesn't need any advertising and the post is far too intelligent and relevant to Spiderweb to be automatically generated.

Anyway, despite the rough start, welcome to Spiderweb! Leave your sanity at the door.

I honestly never thought that he/she was a bot, but I understood the possible reasons why someone might have made that mistake, and given an unsellable trowel. The temptation would be particularly overwhelming, given that the sites name is "Digg". (Yes, I had heard of it, I even use it on occasion, but even big sites still sometimes use bots/spam.)
There was something else... Oh, yes. Welcome to the Spiderweb Software forums. The fluffy turtles will be with you shortly.

Edit: I am sorry to hear that Alorael will no longer be funny. I seem to have missed the times that he was...

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 08:47: Message edited by: Cirion Actaeon ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Cirion Actaeon:

Edit: I am sorry to hear that Alorael will no longer be funny. I seem to have missed the times that he was...
You wound my cold, binary bot-heart.

[Edi]t: Tag!

—Alorael, who doesn't know how he would be able to go on if he didn't have lots of love and kittens from Scorp.

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 12:49: Message edited by: A Feeling of Falling ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #13
I wont explain my thought process but I will make clear that when I said "bot" I did not specifically mean a program. I meant general advertising. In hindsight, I'm not sure why I thought this was shameless advertising. I made a stupid and careless mistake. Don't waste any time or effort looking into how it happened...

On a more cheerful note, welcome to Spiderweb Software. You can have this, enjoy:
IMAGE(http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ice-cream-ch.jpg)
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
Welcome. Most likely, you'll never post again and be a deadwood on the forum's member numbers. Have fun.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #15
I think that aegamers may stick around. And I'm sure Mr. Vogel appreciates what he has done for Geneforge 4.

If you require help on forum manners, ettique/other related questions, do not hesitate to ask me.

Ooh, and please check the link in my signature. I need new feedback.

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 13:26: Message edited by: Sarasaphilia ]

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I thought this was shameless advertising.
It is shameless advertising.

It is shameless advertising for Geneforge 4 on a site that actively encourages and in fact exists for the specific purpose of shameless advertising of cool things, you goofball.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #17
Edit: I'm sorry if this offended anyone. No excuses for what I've written, I'm just going to step away for a while because no one here except me has really done anything wrong.

Sorry for causing this uneccesary trouble.

(This post was editted after the post below was written, so they don't match up.)

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 15:00: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
Apologising doesn't bring back newbies who get scared away by false accusations. A little more caution might be in order in future.

EDIT: Sorry about my first response too. I can see how I might have come across as harsh. I used an intentionally silly term of invective at the end to try and soften the blow, but clearly it didn't work.

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 15:28: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8068
Profile #19
Thank you for the ice cream, Enraged Slith, and don't worry about it. No harm, no foul. :)

Thanks for all the welcomes, as well.
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #20
My, you have made a splash on entry!
Just beware everybody. All are evil except Drake and *I who are evil and powerful.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #21
Hey! I'm not evil!

EDIT: By the way, aegamers, if you want to see with what you were confused with, look here. Someone needs to delete that guy.

[ Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:32: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Hey! I'm not evil!
To be honest, I'm not sure your presence has even hit Saunders' radar screen. Your single claim to fame has been a negative one, so why should she have?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Spent Salmon:

quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Hey! I'm not evil!
To be honest, I'm not sure your presence has even hit Saunders' radar screen. Your single claim to fame has been a negative one, so why should she have?

Are you talking about the spamfest or the HLPM cameo? Because if you're talking about the spamfest, I would like to remind you that I was not the one who tried to get two different accounts into the top ten that month. And if you're talking about the HLPM... How is that negative?

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by saunders:

My, you have made a splash on entry!
Just beware everybody. All are evil except Drake and *I who are evil and powerful.

Big splash, no kidding. Usually the newbies, myself included, just appear and quietly post in the Geneforge/Exile/Avernum forums before coming here to General.

And I am very evil. Thank you veddy much.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.

Pages