Nethergate II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Nethergate II
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #25
I always forget about that spell, though.

Leave it to Thuryl to be against secret passages 'because they're too easy'.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #26
Actually the Romans have to use head bashing in the beginning since they don't have piercing sight to help them. Besides in some places it isn't obvious exactly where the secret door is located as in the Maze with the Spider Queen.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
The passages in the spider areas aren't fun because they're so random, but I liked the effect. Just like the difficulty of navigating the forest near the Cult of the Sacred Item in A3, it's atmospheric and effective even while it's irritating.

—Alorael, who is pro-passage and pro-bashing. He's also anti-Piercing Sight. Magic is cheating!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #28
Mazes and forests don't bother me so much. At least with them I know I'm not missing anything. I always get that sinking feeling when I'm about to exit a dungeon that I may have missed a passage, and that that passage just might have had the best item in the game.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #29
For me, that is the best part. I love the fact that I can still find new things in the games even on the third or fourth play through.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #30
I personally like the secret passages, but I would prefer fewer and no ability to spell find them. Perhaps, there could be clues given to hint when one needs to find a secret passage - as in talking to a NPC or finding a map fragment...

Puzzle mazes are even better.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #31
At least the old Exile games had an option in the editor to reveal all maps. That way I was sure to not miss anything. I was disapointed when that feature was gone by the Avernums. On a side note, I'm also disapointed that there is no way to get rid of the fog of war in Age of Empires III. What's with game companies and making things more difficult for us cheaters?

--------------------
You lose.

Pages