Best (and Worst) Movies of the Year

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Best (and Worst) Movies of the Year
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #50
I just saw night at the museum,It was a good movie with a good plot & ending ^_^

--------------------
Phobias are afraid of Chuck Norris.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #51
Seriously? A Night at the Museum? I thought the main point of that movie was to take advantage of the Imax theaters... oh, and to ride an "all-star cast" (read: "we paid a lot for this so it had better be good") to favorable reviews.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #52
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby was very funny and I liked it a lot. I think Sascha Baron Cohen's talents were underused in that film, but Will Ferrel was excellent. I particularly liked the knife scene.

**Spoilers?**

Signs and Lady in the Water were huge disappointments for me, and I am honestly surprised that M. Night is still famous after these movies. The endings are so ridiculously quick in comparison with the amount of time he spends building up the setting. The human race just suddenly wins against the advanced aliens because THEY ARE ALLERGIC TO WATER???????? The final few scruts in the end of Lady in the Water are not stopped by the main characters, but instead by GIANT MONKEYS????? Arrgghhhhh!

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Seriously? A Night at the Museum? I thought the main point of that movie was to take advantage of the Imax theaters... oh, and to ride an "all-star cast" (read: "we paid a lot for this so it had better be good") to favorable reviews.
Actually, I thought it was pretty decent.

I also saw The Good Shepherd last week and thought that it was quite good.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 466
Profile #54
Don't have time to really think it through, but one of the best movies in the last year was definitely Stranger than Fiction.

It my be my literary geekiness or my love of framed stories, but it was superb.

Funny, I think for all types. I saw it with a group of about 5-6 other college students and all but one of us loved it.

Plenty of humour, "smart" and otherwise.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #55
For the record, 'Date Movie' was NOT a date movie.

[ Friday, January 05, 2007 18:06: Message edited by: Robinator is a Beefcake ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #56
i think movies based on books are better if you havent read the book then there is no "let down" if the movie isnt the same as the book however i think eragon was a grate movie and would go see it a third time (yes i went to see it 2 times) and would still enjoy it. however having read the harry potter books since the movies were difrent to the book you atomaticly thing it sucks and dont bothing to actualy watch the movie.

p.s: you are all nobs with nothing to do but be on some forum talking to eachother im only here to diss the **** out of people who deserve it...stupid pigs

--------------------
I hate you all
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by Fineghal:

Don't have time to really think it through, but one of the best movies in the last year was definitely Stranger than Fiction.
Aw... making me further regret my laziness with regards to seeing it.

quote:
Originally written by Bomber:

p.s: you are all nobs with nothing to do but be on some forum talking to eachother im only here to diss the **** out of people who deserve it...stupid pigs
Well, I think you're a nob too. So... [b]DIE.[/b]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #58
I haven't seen particularly many 2006 movies, but Borat was the most recent one, and it did stand out for being hilarious. "Kazakh state scientist Dr Yamak has proven that woman's brain is the size of a squirrel's brain". "What kind of car I need to buy to have a woman who is shaven down below?" Gender roles are so retarded.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #59
Snakes on a Plane. Saw it with a fellow from Nav Canada and we laughed at all the errors in flight portrayal. The over the top snake attacks, rapid deaths and shuddering planes in turbulence reminded me of a combination early Star Trek and Airplane!

The music video for Snakes was catchy though.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."

Pages