What Jeff thinks (see his latest interview from IGN)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What Jeff thinks (see his latest interview from IGN)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
quote:
Originally written by Jeff Vogel:
First, people who inhabit online forums are idiotic losers. Oh, my God. Where do they get these people? Are they bred in vats? Is there a giant, invisible conspiracy of married cousins with DSL? What is it about game company online forums that makes people so dumb... that makes it so even the simplest, most obvious comment or complaint is met with arguments and flames?

What do you think? This is only part of his rant and in context it makes more sense, but are we idiotic losers. More importantly does he count on his gang of idiots to fund his children's college education.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
Look at it from his point of view. We got one look at Avernum IV and said it was crap. We got to the end of Avernum III and said that he totally misused the Vahnatai. Also think not of yourself, but of others. People like Ed must make him want to take down the forums. It's a miracle the TM hasn't gotten a permanent ban. So to answer your question, yes and no. Oh and this thread is a good example of "... that makes it so even the simplest, most obvious comment or complaint is met with arguments and flames?"

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
This probably serves no purpose other than to provide a complaint fest and should be locked.

quote:
It's a miracle the TM hasn't gotten a permanent ban.
Don't believe in miracles in this case.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #3
I will also point out that the article was specifically about MMORPGs. I defy anyone to go to the official World of Warcraft or Everquest forums and find that that are a generally useful and intelligent place.

The people on the Spiderweb forums are generally friendly and useful, and I engage them on and off for actual feedback. Anyone who's been in the Geneforge 4 forum know that I have been taking and implementing actual suggestions from the community. Avernum 5 will incorporate suggestions from Avernum 4.

But anyone who wants to take quotes out of context from a humor column and turn it into a big emo drama is welcome to, I suppose.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com