The Abominable Photo Thread Strikes Back

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Abominable Photo Thread Strikes Back
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #25
Synergy! Greetings!

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #26
IMAGE(http://photos-487.facebook.com/ip005/v40/66/76/141300885/n141300885_30242487_6846.jpg)
Taken... roughly 30 seconds ago.
Aren't I pretty?

This time, I swear I'll get one with me and the Silent Assassin.
Even if I have to resurrect this thread in three weeks.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin read the above and shook his head.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #27
... and SpidWeb's incredible gravity strikes again. Welcome back, Syn.

(Checks on Google) Whadaya mean there ain't no pictures of Legendary Frog's rendition of Melkor? I guess this one will have to do (I'm the jewel-thief on the right).

--------------------
IMAGE(http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/gallery/data/media/35/030-Killing-of-the-Trees-po.jpg)
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #28
Muahahahah. No one can stay away unless forced! It's funny. I was thinking about accusing a newbie of being you, just this last week. Now there's all the more reason to suspect. Nobody just 'saunters in, fresh and new-registered, and begins jabbering'.

Especially about love.

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 18:01: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

Muahahahah. No one can stay away unless forced! It's funny. I was thinking about accusing a newbie of being you, just this last week. Now there's all the more reason to suspect. Nobody just 'saunters in, fresh and new-registered, and begins jabbering'.

Especially about love.

I forget. Why did Synergy join, again?
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Eh, I'm a little bit back for a bit while I beta test Geneforge 4.

WHAT?!

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by This text:

quote:

Especially about love.

I forget. Why did Synergy join, again?

Exactly! Nobody but Synergy.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #31
It's certainly entertaining watching imaginations run amok. The rumors of any recent activity by me here have been greatly exaggerated. Nice to know you're thinking of me enough to hallucinate me, Gizmo. That's a warm welcome, indeed!

I see I am just in time for the backlash following TM's regularly-scheduled banning.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
GAH! I'm an arachnophobe. Okay, so that thing (Ungoliant?) barely looked like one, but I don't want to see it ever again.

Anyway, I got my camera working and have a whole new album to show you. Don't say you weren't warned.

August 2006 collection

And a few of my favorite ones:

IMAGE(http://stuff.ermarian.net/arancaytar/images/aran/thread5/chair.jpg)

An attempt at a time-triggered picture, but the shelf it was on got in the picture. The lighting was fixed with Picasa, so the colors look a bit artificial.

IMAGE(http://stuff.ermarian.net/arancaytar/images/aran/thread5/sans_glasses.jpg)

I like my face better without glasses. Perhaps I'll try contacts...

And lastly, well...

IMAGE(http://stuff.ermarian.net/arancaytar/images/aran/thread5/wink.jpg)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

GAH! I'm an arachnophobe. Okay, so that thing (Ungoliant?) barely looked like one, but I don't want to see it ever again.
If that's Melkor, what other giant spider would it be? You need to reread The Silmarillion, Aran. :P

Edit: For the creepy stalkers out there, (myself excluded of course) here are the pictures that I have of myself on this computer.

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 20:44: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #34
Aran, you look better with glasses, I think - your eyes suggest a weird negative space on your smooth, featureless visage otherwise.

Unless you can get a unibrow or some serious bags under those eyes, glasses will have to do.

EDIT 2: And I'm not trying to imply some kind of Kraut voodoo here - I mean you literally look like you were born fully-formed yesterday and have only actually been aging for nigh on twenty-four hours, or are perhaps not a man but a wax statue - sculpted by a talented man who was interrupted before adding any kind of crease - given life by the mysterious intercession of some kind of Aryan loa.

What I'm getting at here is keep the glasses. And lay off the voodoo.

EDIT: Tyran, I just realized what it is with you! You take your pictures from an angle that would make Aran look pudgy, and you seem to pull in your head to boot (either habitually or when taking photos, I dunno). That's why 80% of your pictures suggest someone a good fifty, sixty pounds heavier than the other 20% - the sort of person who considers a double quarter pounder sans cheese health food, or who, when sitting around the house, sits around the house.

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 21:10: Message edited by: The Worst Man Ever ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #35
When taking one's own picture, angling can be difficult. Also, I have gained about 25 pounds since those full-body pictures. College food wreaked havoc with my metabolism, and even now, 7 months later, I haven't been able to lose the excess weight. :(

Edit: At least I don't look like a Vulcan any more. :P

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 21:15: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #36
Oh really?

IMAGE(http://memory-alpha.org/en/images/thumb/0/0f/Mirror_Spock.jpg/250px-Mirror_Spock.jpg)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

[QB]you literally look like you were born fully-formed yesterday and have only actually been aging for nigh on twenty-four hours, or are perhaps not a man but a wax statue - sculpted by a talented man who was interrupted before adding any kind of crease - given life by the mysterious intercession of some kind of Aryan loa.
I just turned 19, somewhat too young for wrinkles around the eyes :P

Anyway, there'd be a good sig quote, if it weren't too long. At least I could use "Aran: Given live by the mysterious intercession of some Aryan loa" as a tagline. But I don't like the sound of the word Aryan.

quote:

Unless you can get a unibrow or some serious bags under those eyes, glasses will have to do.

I suppose a lightning-shaped scar would... oh right, forget that one. >_<

Anyway, I'm scheduled to get new glasses this week. Ones that will be a little less obstrusive and circle-shaped - which is a part of the Harry Potter thing, I guess. They're octagonal. Pictures pending.

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 21:48: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #38
I feel like Aran needs a shave and rectangular-ish glasses.

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
But the shave would render me even more devoid of features. :P

Egh. I had the choice between rectangular and octagonal glasses. I picked the latter. Well, they're still better than what I have now.

--

Tyran: I'm familiar with the Theft of the Jewels story, I just wasn't sure if I'd gotten the names Ungoliant and Shelob mixed up. :P

---

There's something missing. Where are all the girls? Only Dikiyoba posted so far. What is more, where are all the Spiderwebbers who nobody thought were girls until they posted their picture? Tradition dictates there should be at least one.

Edit: I have taken your advice, Tyran, and finally purchased my own copy of the Silmarillion. It's been three years since I last read it in the school library. Of course this one can't compare - the library copy looked to be at least two decades old, this one is freshly printed. The content hasn't changed, however. :)

[ Thursday, August 10, 2006 09:14: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #40
Maybe we've just run out of girls who we didn't know were girls until there were explicit pictures. We need to give it more time. First there must be new people/personalities to mistake for guys.

Anyway, I can't remember there being anyone doing that in the very first photo topic. Or was there? It's not much of a tradition if it's only happened occasionally.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Herra Huu:

explicit pictures.
:eek: I must have missed something. :P

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #42
I remember Riibu in a towel :P

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #43
And hallo to the new Synergy. Welcome back!

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #44
Fine, fine. I feel like a librarian...

IMAGE(http://www.geocities.com/tracihedlund/DSCF1993.jpg)

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by the Great Potato:

I remember Riibu in a towel :P
Gah, I'd forgotten about those pictures... -_-

Oh well, this picture shows about as much about me as when I only wore a towel. But at least it's green! :)

Also, the camera is to blame for the fuzziness, honestly.

EDIT: Well, there may have been more shoulder... ^^

[ Thursday, August 10, 2006 07:51: Message edited by: Herra Huu ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #46
Towel pic plz!

Ah well. It was worth a try. :P

--------------------
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #47
quote:

Fine, fine. I feel like a librarian...

Special offer:
We can get you two for the special price of $20, but buyer collects, okay?

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

Towel pic plz!

Ah well. It was worth a try. :P

And yet you claim that there's no cyber-seduction going on in the Runescape topic.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #49
Hullo Saunders, well met again.
Riibu - lovely photos. You have beautiful exotic eyes. Tell your mom and dad they do nice work.
Tyran...vexed by the ol' college fifteen, eh?
Nico - yep, you're really rather cute, no way 'round it, I'm afraid. I have my pencil-proof vest on. :P
Gizmo - well, as official keeper of the Periodic Table of SW, I do believe you qualify as a bit bookish. By the way, may I take SN if it's not too late? (Stands for SyNergy, SNoopy, and tin SNips...) And I'm shiny and malleable.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator

Pages