Favorite Musical

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite Musical
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Sprong:

although I heard that The Lion King was great.
It really was great. So much better than the Disney movie. The costumes and the stage were truly fantastic; actually, the stage was just unbelievable. And even the acting and the song were pretty good. Thus is pretty obvious that it's my favorite.
I truly enjoyed the "Afro-Brazilian show" though, it was pretty amazing.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #26
I can't stand Sondheim. My roommate is a Theatre major and I hear it way too much. All he does is overlap monotone dialogue and call it music. This is an exageration, of course, but the music has no meat to it. Other musicals that greatly bother me are Falsettos and A New Brain. And a million mor I can't think of. As for what I like, it depends on my mood. Avenue Q is great, as is Rent. Spamalot is hysterical. I like some of Jason Robert Brown's work, especially Parade. Weber has a place close to my heart, since I grew up with his music, especially Phantom and Jesus Christ. Les Miserables is another longtime favorite of mine. The only show I've seen on Broadway was Movin' Out, which is more of a musical review than a musical. I'm rambling here, but only because I have a lot of opinions on this subject.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6923
Profile Homepage #27
Les Misérables, and the Essgee S&G trilogy(Pirates of Penzance, Mikado, HMS Pinafore).

--------------------
"There are no turtles anywhere" Ponder Stibbons
One, Two, Three, Pfhor, Five…
Avernum 2 AM Status
- Maps - Tomb of Dahris-Bok
- Annotation - Fort Draco/Ganrick Spider/Areana Caves
I have an interest in "custard titles". I want one. Now!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #28
What about their red-headed stepchild, Ruddigore, or their many other Savoy Operas?

—Alorael, who hasn't seen most of those operas. But they're probably brilliant!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #29
If we're including Opera, then I have to throw in The Marriage of Figaro. Mozart is good times.

Pages