Who has a Logitech G15 Keyboard?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Who has a Logitech G15 Keyboard?
Shock Trooper
Member # 751
Profile Homepage #0
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717

Got mine today.
Guess what I did with it?

Made macros for Avernum 2. :lol:
Why is this special?

Imagine hitting a single key in combat and you don't have to see anything but the end animation(the kill).

I was able to scream through groups of enemies by casting ice lances straight from hitting a single button.
I'm placing all spells on my G keys.
I'm seperating mage/priest/abilities between the M keys.

No more multi-key casting/ability usage.
I have alternatives to group spells as well.
Ones called "Quick Kill" and ones where you target the enemies yourself.

Quick kill is the fastest method of clearing groups from A-H. However if there are enemies less than 'H' you don't even need to hit the spacebar. It does it for you. The trick is adding delays after keystrokes. ;)

The profile will also work for Avernum 1 and 3 assuming the keyboard shortcuts are exactly the same(I believe they are but there could possibly be some minor changes).
I haven't yet finished it however, just give me some time.

Anyone want the finished profile?

Anyway my new playing style:

Left hand = on the LHS of the keyboard along the G and M keys for instant access to spells and abilities.

Right hand = On the mouse.

I liked Jeff's shortcuts however given the fact the keys are so far away it's a little bit of a pain to hit 'M' and then another letter. Don't know how it is on a Mac.

Instead all you have to do is hover your right hand over the 'M#' and then a G key. :)

Bloody convenient keyboard.

--------------------
Windows XP
P4 1.84gig
768MB RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #1
I don't have one myself, but it looks mega awesome. I have a old computer that belonged to my dad years ago, so i'm working with a old pc.

How do those keys work out of the game? I can understand that you use them as extra keys in the game, but what is their use outside games?

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Macros are always useful, but I'd guess that the Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard has uses for games only.

—Alorael, who mastered the art of mgabcdspace long ago.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #3
I only have a plain Logitech keyboard, similar to this one.
I don't think the new keyboard would fit on the desk...
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #4
Speaking of keyboards, I'm actually looking for a decent mouse to replace the stock Apple white mouse that came with my Mac.

What's a good mouse that will make my Spiderweb gaming sessions a bit more comfortable?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
That's a cool, albeit expesive keyboard. Have fun with it, because I doubt I'll be getting one soon. :P

*keeps himself from grumbling about his regular keyboard*

--------------------
-ben4808
Shock Trooper
Member # 751
Profile Homepage #6
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

I also bought the G5 mouse as well. Amazingly comfortable and you can even put weights inside of it. :)

quote:
Originally written by MacProject:

Speaking of keyboards, I'm actually looking for a decent mouse to replace the stock Apple white mouse that came with my Mac.

What's a good mouse that will make my Spiderweb gaming sessions a bit more comfortable?

--------------------
Windows XP
P4 1.84gig
768MB RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #7
That is a sweet looking mouse indeed, but $69.99?
That's a little out of my price range.
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #8
That is one heck of a mouse. But one thing i don't understand: is it a wireless mouse or not? The link shows a wire, but it gives all sorts of laser information, which gave me the idea that it was a wireless mouse.

And that weight-reducing-thing is just luxury :P But I guess it's nice being able to change the weigth of your mouse (without damaging it)

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #9
The laser information refers to the optical tracking laser under the mouse that tracks movement.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.