What games?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What games?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
I've played Myst, Riven, Myst III: Exile and tried the demo of Uru. I'll buy Revelation around February when the exams are done, and ask for End of Ages for my birthday. No need to rush the greatest series of computer games ever made.

On another note, I just bought BoA.

On a third note, I played Well of Souls, and after spending a few hundred hours in addiction, I realized that it sucks. Horrendously.

I've played Escape Velocity: Nova, as well, which is the only game of its genre (and series) I've tried. I've heard many say it's the worst (or at least not the best) of the series, but so far I haven't gotten around to checking out the others. Are they even ported to Windows?

I feel very nostalgic about Albion. The first RPG I ever played! Too bad I can't get it to run on any computer I now have. Would probably need Windows 95/98.

Ancient Domains of Mystery, however, holds the record for keeping my interest the longest. I played ADOM long before I joined these boards (though not before I started to play Spiderweb games), and I've played it on and off for the past 4 years.

On another note, I just found the name of the first game of ANY genre I ever played in my life (well, except the Gorilla one that was mentioned in another thread). Redhook's Revenge! Arrrr.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I like Nova more than its two prequels myself, and it was the only one ported to Windows.

—Alorael, whose first game on a PC was a black and white Breakout-like game (Brickles?) His first true addiction was Loom, which wasn't much of an addiction because the game can be finished in a few hours. The first game he downloaded, which is still on his hard disk and regularly played more than a decade and three computers later, was Angband.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #27
I play some simple games, i don't have money for buy good games, and my dad isn't too generous with my PC...
I play:
-Warcraft 3
-Diablo 2
-Starcraft (love Blizzard don't you?)
-Harry Potter 2
-The Sims Deluxe
-Unreal Tournament 2003
-Quake 3
I don't play them all the time, all of them have something like seasons...
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #28
chicho do you play starcraft and diablo 2 online?

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #29
I'm currently playing Deus Ex and Avernum 4. The only game I play on a very recurring fashion is America's Army.

Ev Nova is a fairly different game from its predecessors in terms of storyline and combat. You should definitely try the prequels (they're available as free add-ons to Nova itself; check the Add-ons page at Ambrosia), but be aware that they don't look anywhere near as good as Nova does. Many ships are basically squares with smaller squares on them.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #30
Hmm... Let's see... In the recent months I've played:

Troubles of Middle Earth (an Angband variant)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Diablo 2
Wizardry 1 :-)

Once in a while I've played Dungeon Siege, but it hasn't got much else interesting than pretty graphics.

EDIT: I also play Baldur's gate 1 and 2 through. I like them, though the story didn't impress me much.

[ Tuesday, December 13, 2005 18:40: Message edited by: Milu ]
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #31
No one's answered my question about Well of Souls yet. Forgive me if I perish with unsated curiosity as I type this…

quote:
[b]
Any relation to the Jack L. Chalker series?

I knew there was a crappy board game version of his books, but have never heard of a computer game version. Unless, of course, this is completely unrelated.

[/b]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #32
No, no realation what so ever.l It's a game that's addictive and boring. I've actually managed to quit the game.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #33
I haven't played it in a while, but I do have a lv. 100 warrior with over 2 million in stocks, and almost all of the soul equipment.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by The Forgotten:

chicho do you play starcraft and diablo 2 online?
Hope so but no :( i can't connect to battle.net for you know what...
You do?i think it would be very fun to play but i can't :(
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #35
I used to allways play Diablo II online with my mates. We all were on dial up but it actually ran surprisingly well.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #36
At this point, I would like to mention that I didn't have Internet yesterday, and I started up Myst III and solved it for the third time this month. Only Voltaic that is, after that I just got tired and loaded up the save game just before the ending sequence.

Saavedro is an amazing character. Unfortunately, I still keep looking around for Saruman whenever he's around, by reflex. :P

--

Oh, and today I beat the computer in a one-on-one game at AoE, medium difficulty. That's not very good, but it is when you consider I suck at AoE and haven't played in two months.

[ Wednesday, December 14, 2005 15:55: Message edited by: An array cat ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #37
chicho im surprised they arent sold in your area
where i live starcraft is in stores with the expansion for like 20 dollars diablo 2 along with the expansion and diablo 1 and its expansion for like 40 dollars

they are 2 of the most popular games in my area

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #38
Age of Empires, mostly. I also have played The Sims, though I don't play it very often. I've played Riven, but my copy crashed. :(

I think Age of Empires is my second favorite game, beaten only by Blades of Exile. I even made a campaign exclusively to make fun of a teacher! :D

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal

Pages