The Encyclopedia Ermariana has moved

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Encyclopedia Ermariana has moved
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
Some of you might have noticed that the Encyclopedia Ermariana, formerly hosted at Geocities, was switched to a MediaWiki site on August 22nd this year. The MediaWiki site then broke down for a month or so, until I reinstalled it on November 8th.

Now, the Wiki site has moved to a new host, and has been upgraded to version 1.5.3. A notable change is that image uploads are once again enabled, since the new host does not employ php safemode.

I'd planned getting a new host from the start, and I was going to wait with the actual announcement until the site was at the new address. This is now the case, so here's the announcement:

The Encyclopedia Ermariana is now available at http://encyclopedia.ermarian.net !

If you are linking to it on your BoE/BoA site, please don't forget to update your link.

You need to log in to edit pages, but anyone can create an account. Feel free to add to the site; that's what a Wiki is for. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
Wow. Nobody told me about a web Spiderweb encyclopedia. :eek: :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
No, that's what I meant by "some of you". I actually put it in my sig and told it to some people (eg. Drakey) and posted it in a few threads, but I never actually announced it. One reason, of course, is that I don't generally like to host things under my real name, and the old address contained exactly that.

Edit: And the Geocities site has been dead so long that it's no wonder you haven't heard of it.

[ Monday, December 05, 2005 18:46: Message edited by: Saavedro ]

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
Your real name's not that hard to find anyway...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
Is any of that information found in any of the games?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Some of it is, but most of it is derived from BoA/BoE scenarios, and a lot of it is made up on the spot.

For example, Drakefyre has quite extensive informtion about the Vahnatai, which has neither been used in a scenario nor derived from the games. The history of the Empire (the move from Aizo to Pralgad, the Ironclad dynasty, the Anama War, etc) is well-documented, but practically all of it has been invented by oldbies for use in scenarios and for the BoE arena.

David, no it isn't, but all the same I'd like it if it were easy to find only if you're looking for it. That should keep off the less patient stalkers, and those who know what to look for are usually able to find it out no matter what you do. It's not common for a guy to get stalked, but it's not unheard of.

We need a :ph43r: smiley here. :P

-----

Edit:

Since the "Bored" topic was locked and this is closest (and mine, so I can hijack with impunity), the statistics will indeed be done in two weeks, and will be hosted on the new server.

Also, note that all monthly ranking lists are currently unavailable and will remain so until Logo gives me the files I stored at images.polarisboard.org, which was taken offline rather more quickly than I had anticipated.

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 00:00: Message edited by: Saavedro ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Just thought you might like to know that the URL in your profile still links to the old address.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
Aran: Can I have your exact location? I want to stalk you. :P

And that's what I thought about the information; I highly doubted Jeff would have dont any of that. It is good, though.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Thuryl: Not anymore it doesn't. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Dirac Whither:

Aran: Can I have your exact location? I want to stalk you. :P
Aran has a stalker. Don't you? :)

And I'd be thankful if nobody else encroached on my terroritory. Aran has been mine for months now, and I mentioned it specifically a few times on Spiderweb. You might have forgotten, but I didn't. And won't...

As for the Encyclopaedia.... I now have lots of free time, so I might go on over and update it. I did contribute some okay stuff at the very beginning, and I've been Spiderweb games for much longer now...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
I've never seen you sneaking around the house here, but then I don't pay a lot of intention.

--

The endeavor will be going beautifully, with a shiny new interface I just put together. So it's minimalistic, but it works!
Of course, it will only get interesting when I finish a similar interface for displaying the data. But that will be worked on, have no doubt.

4:15. I need to sleep.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #11
While my own stalkerish obsessions are focused on people not on this forum, I'm astounded at the fact that someone who calls themselves a stalker would have to stoop so low as to have to *ask* Aran what his real name is, where he lives, what program was used to make his family's website (Microsoft FrontPage 4.0) or how much money he has donated to Wikipedia (20 Euro, 1.05 Euro shipping charge for a net result of 18.95 Euro).

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
Listen, I didn't make that homepage, okay? That was my sister.

Just in case someone gets ideas about me and AffrontPage. :P

Oh, and you missed the second donation of 10? half a yeear later. And without something to ship, how is there a shipping charge?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
There would be just because there is.

--------------------