Movie Trivia Challenge: ROUND II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Movie Trivia Challenge: ROUND II
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
The game is played as follows: two actors are given and must be connected through appearances in television shows or movies. The object is to connect the two actors with the fewest connections possible. Please READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING AS ONE RULE HAS BEEN CHANGED!

ROUND II

Alan Alda to Mike Myers

Set point value = 5 (see below)

Some rules:

1) You may only post a connection of an actor to a movie/TV show already established in the list. For instance, you may say "Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump" only if either Tom Hanks or Forrest Gump have been previously mentioned.

2) Posts should be in the form of: "actor" in "movie/television show" format. Do NOT do "actor X to actor Y in movie A". This keeps the game so others can participate.

3) You may only post ONE connection every three hours. After posting your connection, you must wait for three hours unless the connection has been established.

3) Once the actors are connected, you may post a list of all the connections regardless of any previous rules. The next round will begin in approximately 24 hours after the original connection is established. During this time, a shorter connection may try to be established.

4) You may only use movie appearances or TV show appearances. The exception are TV shows which regularly have guest appearances as part of the show (Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno, etc.). However, a guest appearance on, say, M*A*S*H* would be acceptable.

5) You may NOT use cartoon voices, directing/production roles. The actor must have actually appeared in the movie to be valid.

6) You may NOT use IMDB or any other refererence/database to assist you. There is no way to enforce this, but let's keep the game honest.

Points are awarded for each person having a piece of the shortest connection. The number of points awarded are determined by an established value for each round minus the number of connections (not to be less than one).

The winner and possibly runners up will be granted a custom title. Even if you do not know a lot of movies, feel free to post what you know.

For an example:

Round 1

[ Monday, November 28, 2005 14:51: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Alan Alda on "The West Wing."

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
A valid next post:

Alan Alda in Movie/TV Show
Mike Myers in Movie/TV Show
Actor in the West Wing

--------------------
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #3
Alan Alda in M*A*S*H.

Just joining in, folks!

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #4
Rob Lowe in West Wing.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #5
Rob Lowe in Wayne's World

--------------------
We don't make the white chalky excrement that splats down and ruins your car's paint job. We make it stronger.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
^sigh^

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #7
Mike Myers in Wayne's World!

Am I doing this right?

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
The chain has been established:

Alan Alda -- West Wing (Drakefyre)
West Wing -- Rob Lowe (Salmon)
Rob Lowe -- Wayne's World (Aranea Hirsuta)
Wayne's World -- Mike Myers (Error -13)

For a total of two degrees of separation. 3 points listed for those above to bring the standings:

Toast: 8
Drakefyre: 3
Salmon: 3
Aranea Hirsuta: 3
Error -13: 3

Thank you for playing. We were able to get a similar path except we used Austin Powers instead of Wayne's World. The new round will begin shortly.

--------------------