Remember when...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Remember when...
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #25
The link works perfectly for me.

</leetness>

[ Friday, November 18, 2005 20:06: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

</leetness>
Is this a new type of post ending?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

quote:
Originally written by NaNoWriMo:

It most certainly is.
Link does not work for me.

404? I remember you often get problems with the Polaris nameserver.

Also, it's a textfile. Some browsers display it incorrectly; in that case it needs to be saved and opened in the editor.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
I have the same problem. images.polarisboard.org hardly ever works for me, even when vanilla Polaris is working.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
I got the same difficulties when trying to go online from my normal name server. I was only able to get it to work reliably by adding a new one to the connection settings - I got that one from the polarisboard.org Whois page, it's something like ns1.nomox.net.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Is this a new type of post ending?
Absolutely.

</leetness>

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #31
Probably at college, but still wishing much love to Alo.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
Can't help but notice that any bribery must happen soon.

*this message sponsored by the pseudoleetness defamation coalition*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #33
Most likely you can't load it because Polaris is in the process of switching hosts. Although the domain remains the same.. it just has to be redirected first.

--------------------
Polaris Board
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #34
We all now await in silence a great moment in Spiderweb history. In four more Alo posts, we shall experiece the horror or glory of the great p10k!

</leetness>

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #35
It'll probably happen tomorrow, or the day after, depending on how many interesting discussions crop up.

By the way, I notice I'm being copied... oh well.

</leetness>

[ Wednesday, November 30, 2005 18:39: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #36
Don't worry; it was only one post, and a post where it was somewhat necessary at that. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #37
It's alright. Personally, I don't care how many people copy me for whatever reason.

</leetness>

--------------------

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #38
Not particularly...

Looks like 2 weeks was right on. 'Twill be a glorious day when that fifth digit is reached.

While we're waiting, could someone give me the interim link? It's not stored on this computer.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
David, the interim is not being used. It's the real thing! Go to the place that is first seven by ten, then add sixteen to this for the second, three score and one for the third, and two score and ten for the fourth!

Ie, http://70.86.181.130/~polaris/board/index.php

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #40
I have a confession to make: I've been counting posts to make this come out right. No, it's not a bribe, although it really would have been nice if it were. What's the real reason? You'll see very, very soon. In fact, it's quite likely that you'll see before you read this unless you're browsing the boards right when I post this.

—Alorael, who may need another ever-changing item. What about sticking a link somewhere in each post that goes somewhere random? A random Wikipedia page, maybe? It's slightly more work, maybe, but wouldn't it be worth the effort?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by o)1(o:

I have a confession to make: I've been counting posts to make this come out right. No, it's not a bribe, although it really would have been nice if it were. What's the real reason? You'll see very, very soon. In fact, it's quite likely that you'll see before you read this unless you're browsing the boards right when I post this.

—Alorael, who may need another ever-changing item. What about sticking a link somewhere in each post that goes somewhere random? A random Wikipedia page, maybe? It's slightly more work, maybe, but wouldn't it be worth the effort?

As a matter of fact, I still had this thread open after posting and now reloaded it. I'm curious what you've done.

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #42
quote:

By the way, I notice I'm being copied... oh well.
Which means that it is now an overused catchphrase and I must hate you for using it.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #43
Then you must also hate Jumpin' Salmon for his "*this message sponsored by...*" and Alorael for his "—Alorael, who..." as they have both been copied in the past as well.

quote:
You could link to one page, and have that page use JavaScript to redirect whoever goes there to a random webpage.

</leetness>

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
But that JavaScript would risk sending people to the same web page twice - and for the Randomized Variety of Alorael, there is no repetition. There must not be.
;)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
I think you can count on Wikipedia not to produce too many duplicate URLs even by random generation.

—Alorael, who doesn't think he will count on it. But, you know, he just might.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
Hmmm, that's neat. If you want to learn something new today, click here. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #47
quote:

Then you must also hate Jumpin' Salmon for his "*this message sponsored by...*" and Alorael for his "—Alorael, who..." as they have both been copied in the past as well.
Pretty much, yeah.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
With all due respect, a gimmick and a catchphrase aren't the same thing. We exercise some creativity, put some thought into it, and really earn our hate. You could just add to your signature.

—Alorael, who might as well just end his posts with [insert sig here].
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #49
Yeah, but it wouldn't be the same. If I put "</leetness>" in my sig, it would have those dashes above it. If you just put [insert sig here], it would just be wrong. You'd be breaking a 4 year-old tradition.

</leetness>

[ Friday, December 02, 2005 17:24: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Pages