General

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: General
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #25
Ahhh! Why the hell would you ask that? Do you really want an answer?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Shingai no Junkyousha:

Kellogs cereal is actually an anti-masturbatory device.
Sort of like graham crackers, but for monks.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_053.html

But unlike graham crackers, Kells had to taste pretty darn awful. After all, these are monks, and they need to make themselves suffer on every front.

[ Tuesday, November 15, 2005 18:54: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
While Kellogg's is named after Kells, the more direct descendent of the original Kells is corrugated cardboard, renowned for its unappetizing properties and dependability as a packaging material. While generally considered less than palatable, it helped many inhabitants of Leningrad get in touch with their vaunted Russian spirituality in the mid 20th century. Ironically enough, Kellogg's was among the first cereals to be packaged in the material derived from the ancient Kells.

—Alorael, who is not ashamed to mix fact and fiction with abandon.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #28
Urgent PM to muesli: come back, all is forgiven.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #29
A public private message. Interesting.

Just chalk it up as another unintended use of General, I suppose. Very versatile forum, this.

By the way, who the heck is muesli and where the heck did he go and what the heck is forgiven? If you'll excuse the crass series of inquiries into what is apparently a private matter.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
I'm pretty sure he was addressing the breakfast cereal. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #31
What Sereal?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I'm pretty sure he was addressing the breakfast cereal. :P
I can understand painstakingly creating a visually rich manuscript cataloguing famous breakfast cereal boxes, praying to breakfast cereal, and even worshipping breakfast cereal…

But sending a public private message to breakfast cereal on a message board devoted to a shareware firm's fantasy RPG games, and in a forum specifically devoted to general discussion of the company and products?

I'm sorry, but that's just absurd.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #33
See, you could have said that a lot more compactly.

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #34
But that would have killed the fun!

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #35
Affirmative, indeed. Cushioning your posts to alter them additionally drawn-out can be amusive. What's additionally to a greater extent amusive is using the OpenOffice.org Writer synonym finder to modify every language unit you can.

</leetness>

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
I propose a new filter for Spiderweb. Henceforth all posts shall be processed by iSMRT before appearing on the forums. Think of how intelligent we can be then!

—Alorael, who actually has moderately low expectations for noticeable change. Some posts already seem iSMRT processed sometimes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #37
As I ponder that, one must be forced to cogitate the reasonings penultimate to freeing a software singularly directed upon the grouping that includes elppA owners. Again that Windows keyboard pounders are having zero end user products which assist with alternative idion expressiveness. Distraught.

*proclamation regretably delivered thanks to P Roget and the character B*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #38
What the hell are you people talking about?

EDIT: Oh. Okay. I just figured it out. You're mocking me. Well, my reply to that is:

quote:
[b]"I do not talk like that! The way I communicate is much different. I do not reiterate, repeat, reinstate the same thing over and over again. I am clear, concise, to the point!"

"Excuse me sir, but can you direct me to the location of where I can locate some eggs for I would like to purchase them so that I can take them home with me and I can eat them today. "

"One egg left?! For a nutritious breakfast, two eggs is the minimum requirement! And I have but one, which is one shy of two! And it is two that I need! Curses! I must immediately purchase some eggs, for I need to have breakfast. And without the eggs, I cannot have the breakfast that I shall require!"

"I swear that today is the day that I will develop a plan so diabolical and evil that I will crush the Powerpuff Girls. But first... I must attend to the dishes that I have soiled with the food that I have eaten."
[/b]

——————————

quote:
[b]"It matters not one whit, time is not pressing on me fortunately. Now some information please. This afternoon I have to visit the town for sundry purposes which would be of no interest to you I am quite sure, but nevertheless I shall require your aid in getting for me some sort of transport, some hired vehicle, that is, to get me to my first port of call."

"I have a rendezvous at five o'clock at this address which I must reach from the Post Office in Queen's Square, so as the map is sadly inadequate I would be very grateful if you could draw me a diagram of the optimum route?"
[/b]

——————————

Seriously, though, I really do talk like this. You'd discover that for yourself if you ever had the opportunity to meet me in person. I read too much.

Besides, I've always felt that elaborate speech full of colorful expressions and pleasant words is far more interesting than cobbling together a sentence with just the bare bones necessary to communicate your thoughts. English is such a marvellous language; it's a crime we don't use it to its fullest potential.

[ Friday, November 18, 2005 11:34: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #39
I did not intend mockery, but merely to point out that responses like 'this is absurd' were what my "1" was born for.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #40

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #41
I didn't intend mockery either, I was agreeing with Alex via actions.

quote:
Seriously, though, I really do talk like this. You'd discover that for yourself if you ever had the opportunity to meet me in person. I read too much.
It's not about how you say it, it's about getting your message across. If talking like that gets your message across, then go for it.

</leetness>

[ Friday, November 18, 2005 14:43: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #42
I don't mind being mocked — so long as it's nicely phrased! :P

Pages