the golf coast

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: the golf coast
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
from katrina to wilma and 6 other hurricanes one would wonder if there is any hope left of rebuilding..resources strained enough from the war
and the 6 first hurricanes ....how does our president plan on handling all these problems like draining new orleans,and rescueing all those trapped down in louisana

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #1
Yes, who will supply the golf cost with golf carts and balls?!

Now, back to all seriousness, I don't see our President being able to do anything to help handle the problem in the g[b]u[b/]lf coast, as we all see how well his Middle-East plans went.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 13:21: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Probably by taking an extended vacation in order to contemplate the problem in quiet solitude, and collect photo opportunities with disaster relief workers. Or was that a rhetorical question?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #3
It's amazing the number of hurricanes lately...
But they don't affect me a little, though, at least not directly.
Maybe the cause is a top secret Irak's weapon to create hurricans! :eek:
Or the end of the world caused by global heating is here!!!

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by chicho:

Maybe the cause is a top secret Irak's weapon to create hurricans! :eek:

Stay with the news; Iraq is currently occupied by the US.

Currently the only one even rumored to be able to control the weather are the Illuminati and the US military, and those rumors are hopefully quite far-fetched. :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
Since when is the government responsible for controlling the effects of weather?

Since FEMA pays people money to rebuild their houses in the path of major hurricanes. Our finest minds in government decided this was the best way to do it, so let it be done. We need the government to do this, since who else would be in the position to do it?

*this message sponsored by all state*
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #6
Irak is standard spelling in French.

Wilma isn't looking to damage the gulf coast too much - the projected path is actually up the eastern seaboard, which actually could cause more damage than otherwise. (Bush seems hell-bent on delegating responsibility for storm-handling to the states, and Georgia through New York don't have to deal with a lot of category 4 or 5s).

This is the worst possible administration to run into a 2005-esque hurricane season under - a loose coalition of shameless profiteers, small-government fanatics, and bloody-minded ideologues - but what can you do.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Maybe the cause is a top secret Irak's weapon to create hurricans!
Oh no, Iraq is going to invade America with masses of people from Hurrica!

That reminds me, why are white people called Caucasian? I've never heard of any country called Caucasia.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

quote:
Maybe the cause is a top secret Irak's weapon to create hurricans!
Oh no, Iraq is going to invade America with masses of people from Hurrica!

That reminds me, why are white people called Caucasian? I've never heard of any country called Caucasia.

Although I'm unfamiliar with the entymology of the word, caucasian is largely a "scientific" term, used loosely within the term of social sciences, not biological ones as there are little biological basis for race.

This comes down to why any word means anything, because there has to be one. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I can give the real entymology of the word caucasian.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by *i:

quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Although I'm unfamiliar with the entymology of the word, caucasian is largely a "scientific" term, used loosely within the term of social sciences, not biological ones as there are little biological basis for race.

This comes down to why any word means anything, because there has to be one. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I can give the real entymology of the word caucasian.

Caucases is the mountain range between Black and Kaspian Seas (between Russia and Turkey).

If I am not mistaken, a common interpretation of the Bible in XIXth and early XXth centuries said that after the flood, Noah's arc came to rest on top of Mount Ararat in Caucases and that is where one of Noah's sons stayed, founding the Caucasian race. (With the other son going south to start Black race and the third one going east to start the Asian race.)

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 15:08: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #10
I say the coastlivers all head for Montana. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #11
As a technicality, "Irak" is technically okay- romanizations of Arabic words are done on a phonetic basis only. Hence "Hussain", "bin Ladin", usw. are still correct, even if not particularly common.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
"al Quaeda", on the other hand, is no good at all. It's not pronounced "al kwaida". :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

If I am not mistaken, a common interpretation of the Bible in XIXth and early XXth centuries said that after the flood, Noah's arc came to rest on top of Mount Ararat in Caucases and that is where one of Noah's sons stayed, founding the Caucasian race. (With the other son going south to start Black race and the third one going east to start the Asian race.)
The origin actually refers to the hare-brained idea that the 'original' humans originated in the Caucasus Mountains - not necessarily related to the Bible, more a new and innovative way of calling people racially inferior.

EDIT: Irak is also standard in Spanish, along with 'huracan' for the natural phoenomenon.

[ Thursday, October 20, 2005 20:56: Message edited by: Belisarius ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Belisarius:

Irak is standard spelling in French.

As it is in German, but we are speaking English. :P (Also, chicho is from Chile, so it's likely Irak in Spanish to).

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 01:53: Message edited by: Atrus ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
Oh, guys.

How can it POSSIBLY be the "golf" coast if there are black people on it?

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #16
Whut? U gat sum prabwemms wif chocklit? U sayin blak fokth can'play gof?

Dag, chil', don' be tawkin.

IMAGE(http://www.spires.org.uk/pix/photos/elegant_black_woman.jpg)

Yeah, she'll give you "King Evil"

BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 16:51: Message edited by: Aranea Hirsuta ]

--------------------
My friend! Do not fear the flames of the demonic legion! Let the flames incinerate your weakness, strip away all neuroses, and transform you into a newly-forged brazen GOD! Then you will show the subhuman supplicants the true meaning of domination and the proper use of POWER!
--Daemon Pavidum
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Aranea Hirsuta:

I'm white.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #18
Yes, of course I am. That certainly doesn't stop me from mocking and imitating those I find amusing. :D

--------------------
My friend! Do not fear the flames of the demonic legion! Let the flames incinerate your weakness, strip away all neuroses, and transform you into a newly-forged brazen GOD! Then you will show the subhuman supplicants the true meaning of domination and the proper use of POWER!
--Daemon Pavidum
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #19
So you find black people amusing? You think it's cool to mock them? Dude. That [deleted] ain't right.

*this message sponsored by eminem*
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #20
lol

Sure. Why not have a little fun? Besides, they are welcome to mock me if they like.

--------------------
--Daemon Pavidum
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #21
quote:

lol

Sure. Why not have a little fun? Besides, they are welcome to mock me if they like.

I think they're just intelligent enough to recognize the redundancy of it.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #22
You know, you do have a point. It would be more original for them just to keep it real and whup my derriere (But then keepin' it real could go horribly wrong :P ). Then they can leave what remains of my tattered corpse for the wild hounds.

So they are intelligent enough to realize that redundancy (and copying what a white person does would be self-polluting), but they can't get their monstrous ghetto-booties outta dodge when a huge storm is heading for them (yay back on topic :D )?

So is that intelligence, or culturally motivated neuroticism?

--------------------
--Daemon Pavidum
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #23
quote:

I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and also turns into fecal matter.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #24
Uh oh! Someone's a bigot.

Pages