BoA and A3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA and A3
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #0
I noticed that Blades of Avernum and Avernum 3 are available for Mac OS X. I've run the demo's and both look the same. What's the difference between these two games and which one is the newest?

--------------------
Poster: 'I love your demos, but I have Windows, what do I do?'

Answer: 'Get a Mac?'
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #1
Blades of Avernum is the newest game. It is true that they have very similar interfaces.

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #2
Thank you for the quick reply - needed to know which one to buy!

I've been playing Avernum 3. I'll go back to Blades of Avernum demo and explore it further.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Buy BoA if you want to play lots of different third-party scenarios. Buy A3 if you want one huge integrated world by Jeff.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #4
So, which one do I play first? Decisions, decisions, decisions....

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
A3 is a single game with a single plot. It's a fairly standard RPG setup.

BoA lets you create smaller scenarios of your own and play through scenarios. Four made by Jeff Vogel are included with BoA, including the one available in the demo, but the better scenarios are made by various Spiderwebbers, most of whom are on these boards.

—Alorael, who recommends playing through the A3 demo to get a feel for the system. If you like it and you like the idea of scenarios, get BoA. Don't judge it by the plot of Valley of Dying Things, which is a fairly lackluster effort.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #6
Can you tell me where the senarios are for downloading? I went to a few sites and saw forums for discussing or rating senarios, but I didn't see any references for the downloads.

*I found a site (http://www.avernum.com/blades/scen_stuff/solid.html), but if anyone has others, please email me. Thanks!

[ Sunday, October 16, 2005 15:23: Message edited by: aheisey ]

--------------------

Trademark
Member # 6397
Profile #7
Get A3. More goblins.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by aheisey:

Can you tell me where the senarios are for downloading?
Player FAQ, question 1

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Note that downloading scenarios won't do you any good until you register, as the unregistered version will only let you play Valley of Dying Things.

—Alorael, who would like to point out that BoA can begin with postmodernism, whereas A3 does not. This is clearly a significant difference.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #10
Just wanted to see what was out there. Registered Avernum 3 today and will probably purchase BoA in a few months after playing Avernum 3.

Thanks for all your help!

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
What I recommend doing is, since you can't play the third party scenario's, to download the BoA 3Deditor and look at some scenario's. That's what I did.

Go here for the editor.

However, if you want to look at the scenario's in 3D, as they would appear in the game, then go here.

[ Monday, October 17, 2005 03:24: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.