Most intense gaming moment

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Most intense gaming moment
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Why a Lightning, for heaven's sake? If you want something small and fast, just get a Scoutship early in the game and hold on to it -- it's much cheaper, even after you factor in all the upgrades you need to make it combat-capable. I didn't trade in my Scoutship until I could afford a Corvette. (Speaking of which, my scoutship was more than capable of taking out an unmodified Corvette -- once you can dodge missiles, which is easy enough with a fast ship and an afterburner, you've got it made.)

[ Saturday, September 03, 2005 23:56: Message edited by: Fenfluramine ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #26
Well, I've only bought a Lightning a couple times, and that was because they're the fastest ships in the game with a lot of gun space. In some cases, I've held on to my shuttle until I had enough credits to buy a Corvette.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Oddly enough, mine might also be from EV (Nova). Possibly the last mission in the Polaris storyline... very intense.
EV Nova was incidentally the only game whose battles really captivated me. Polaris storyline especially.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #28
It's really fun, and also much easier than EV and EVO. That said, the storylines are written much, much better.

EVO was, IMO, pretty awful :P

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #29
For me, Polito's office in System Shock 2.

That game also delivered plenty in the way of sudden scares. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Warrior
Member # 26
Profile #30
Easily playing Omega, the last Zerg mission from Broodwar. Every moment was a frantic fight for survival.

2 hours and twelve minutes after beginning the torture, the last UED building was razed.

*sniff* that was the first time I felt any measure of self-worth.

--------------------
Not a signature
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I savescum without apology. ADOM has made me so paranoid that I often back up my save file before walking around a corner. :P
Same here.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #32
Another good one is when you first get the "Super Gravity Gun" in Half-Life 2. You can rip panels off the walls, and pick enemies up and throw them at each other, or fling them into the various energy fields that are around, causing them to be zapped away.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #33
To be true to the board, some of my first ones were beating Exile II (after destroying the Empire's portal) and Exile III. Good stuff. More recently was, sadly enough, playing and beating advanced level 47 of MarbleBlast Gold.

--------------------
Fo shizzle, my lord.

Two goldfish are in a tank. One says to the other, "Do you know how to drive this thing?"

Pages