The Spiderweb Software title image...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Spiderweb Software title image...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
The background seems to be a bit off-color, so much as I can definately tell the borders from the true while page background.

Anyone else noticed this?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #1
It seems like there are many blurry spots that are very faint around it. It gives it a bit of a fuzzy, gray feel. I don't see it as a problem or an annoyance or very interesting.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
The logo's background is the exact same white as the forum background on my screen. The edges of the words in the logo are a bit soft, but not enough to matter.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
I don't see the borders on this screen, nor on the two other screens I commonly work with. Perhaps your browser is set wrong... or the screen color settings.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #4
I see JPEG artifacts around the text, but nothing more spectacular than that.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
Hmmm, maybe my monitor is more sesitive than yours. :D

No, just joking, but anyway, it's a noticable difference that I can see, with the image background looking slightly purplish. But it's pretty subtle. It's probably just a remnant of the initial conversion from BMP to JPG file or something.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I see no such artifacts, and I don't see why the graphic would originally have been made as a bitmap. Maybe it has to do with browsers? Safari and Firefox display it just fine.

—Alorael, who suspects that somehow, directly or indirectly, it has to do with the fact that Jeff uses Macs, probably views his website in Macs, and doesn't know what everything comes out looking like for most PCs.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #7
I'm viewing this in internet explorer on a Mac( If anyone knows any good browsers for OS 9 please tell me about them; I can't seem to find any.), and it looks fine to me.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #8
According to Digital Color Meter (Using Mac OS X, Safari, and an LCD display) most of the background of the image is FEFEFE or (254,254,254). The difference from true white is very small, and should make it appear grayish, not purple (If one can see the difference, which I can't).

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 13:59: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #9
I used to notice a difference, but not anymore. Can't think of why, though...

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
It's not in true white for a reason, but nothing on the boards are in true white. There may be some F7F7F7 too.

It's completely seamless from my POV, and I'm the one that made the color scheme :P

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Netscape is arguably better for OS 9, but only arguably. It loaded so slowly and painfully for me that I never managed to switch away from IE 5, but you can try it for yourself.

—Alorael, who finds browsing much less painful with a browser that is not based on the founding principle that the user should have to suffer for progress.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
:/

Whatever. I guess I'm about the only one who sees it, but it's definately there on my screen. It's not really readily noticable from a distance away, and I causes me no problems, so it's fine. I just wanted to know if anyone has seen it, and I s'pose not.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ