What's your religion?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's your religion?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #75
I've never heard much from them. They've come, but we haven't sat down and talked or anything.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #76
I'ma little late doing this test, but better late than never. I didn't like the way some of the questions were worded, as it could have gone either way in my beliefs. Atleast they gave a middle-of-the-road button.

Christianity 100%
Islam 50%
Judaism 42%
Buddhism 33%
Hinduism 17%
atheism 17%
Paganism 17%
Satanism 0%
agnosticism 0%

You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

[ Friday, August 12, 2005 05:21: Message edited by: arkadilo ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #77
You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 92%
Satanism 79%
atheism 63%
Paganism 63%
Buddhism 54%
Islam 38%
Hinduism 33%
Christianity 25%
Judaism 25%
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #78
Hooray! Alex is back!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #79
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (97%)
3. Theravada Buddhism (97%)
4. Secular Humanism (92%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (90%)
6. Neo-Pagan (73%)
7. Taoism (72%)
8. Mahayana Buddhism (70%)
9. Bahá'í Faith (69%)
10. Nontheist (63%)
11. New Age (62%)
12. Jainism (61%)
13. Orthodox Quaker (59%)
14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (57%)
15. Reform Judaism (55%)
16. New Thought (48%)
17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (46%)
18. Scientology (44%)
19. Sikhism (44%)
20. Hinduism (41%)
21. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (40%)
22. Jehovah's Witness (35%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (30%)
24. Islam (27%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (27%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (13%)
27. Roman Catholic (13%)

Kind of how I figured it would turn out. The test wasn't phrased very well though for someone who truly believes the jury is out. I would have thought that agnostic or secular humanist would score higher, though perhaps it's my views on abortion, homosexuality, nature, and the like that threw me into the UU category.

In the other quiz, I scored as an agnostic, followed by paganism (I guess I revere nature) and Satanism (which I guess is how Christianity refers to Hobbes).

What's really fun is that my wife (which still feels weird to say) is a moderately devout Christian Scientist. The conversations are definitely interesting. For anyone who is a Christian (and anyone else for that matter), I'd recommend giving "Science and Health" a read - even if you're not willing to buy into the faith, Eddy makes a lot of interesting points.

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 09:56: Message edited by: Drew ]
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #80
Satanism 100%
atheism 92%
agnosticism 79%
Paganism 75%
Buddhism 71%
Islam 38%
Hinduism 33%
Christianity 29%