Homeland: the Stone of Night

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Homeland: the Stone of Night
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #0
I was looking at the old spidweb games looking for some old RW stuff when I came across Homland. After looking at the screen shots I decided that it looked kinda cool. Is there any way that it could be ported to mac osx?

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #1
Homeland: The Stone of the Night is generally considered to be one of the worst games ever to defile the internet. It is said to be acutely painful to do anything at all in the game or even to just look at the GUI. So, porting it would not be economically feasible.

Also, Homeland was not made by Jeff Vogel, and its creator has apparently vanished of the face of the earth, so it probably wouldn't be portable anyway.

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 06:07: Message edited by: if moniker == dall OR din ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #2
IMHO, the best part about Homeland is the Quit button.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
Homeland: Stone of the Night. Playing it is as bad as spending a year on these Boards 24/7. You would go totally crazy at the end of it!

And Dragon Software vanished off the face of the Earth with embarrasment, so...

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by You should vote Wise Man:

I dunno man, that "uninstall" command is pretty nice...

Homeland is teh suk. No wonder the creator vanished: who would want to admit to making that?

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

quote:
Originally written by You should not vote Wise Man:

I dunno man, that "uninstall" command is pretty nice...

Homeland is the suk. No wonder the creator vanished: who would want to admit to making that?

Both are good commands. The unninstall command though is probably the best.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #6
I took a lot of pleasure in annonymously distributing it to people I didn't like.

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
In answer to the original question, Jeff Vogel didn't write Homeland. He only distributes it. You'd have to contact the actual coder about a port, and I'm not sure if he's still reachable.

—Alorael, who really, really advises against that. OS X is still relatively virus free. Don't start an epidemic of pain.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
Even better is opening the program in WordPad, erasing it's contents, and writing hate speech in there instead. :P

However, by reading the description on the Spiderweb page (ie. exciting new game!), it does look pretty fun. But they can say what they want there.

quote:
Off the Spiderweb Homeland page:
Unfortunately, there are no current plans to make a Macintosh version of Homeland. If you're a Mac user, though, you should be sure to check out Avernum.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by ben III:

Even better is opening the program in WordPad, erasing it's contents, and writing hate speech in there instead.
Only you, ben.

I personally would like to see a BOA (or BOE) scenario completely mocking this community treasure. If anyone has played it long enough to find any plot, that is.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Harlequin:

Is there any way that it could be ported to mac osx?
You'd have a better chance of talking Apple into creating a virus-conversion program, so we Mac users won't be missing out on these fantastic Windows epidemics anymore...

"Got an infected email? Feel left out because you can't run the virus to destroy your computer? No problem! Just drag the virus onto the icon of Apple's incredible new PanPlague application, and it'll do the rest! The virus will be converted into a Mac-compatible form and automatically installed and run on your computer! Guaranteed to destroy all your files and the operating system in mere seconds! Buy your copy of PanPlague today!"

...and at the end of the commcercial we see Bill Gates shed a single tear of joy.

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 15:18: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age