little online game advice

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: little online game advice
Apprentice
Member # 6020
Profile #0
Hi
since i brought up gameplay..i'd love to find something in the way of a online game thta really has great gameplay...i'm older in my 50's and i've done most known mmorpg;s.. WOW..DOAC...Asheron's call 1 and 2...everquest.....right now i'm trying the skotos trial that has like 14 games for 12.95 a month......they have a non pvp version of meridian 59 and underlight.....my problem is i can't find any long time players to really recommend.the games.

i just want something without the old boring MMORPG level grind.

Tom
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Fenwik:

Hi
since i brought up gameplay..i'd love to find something in the way of a online game thta really has great gameplay...i'm older in my 50's and i've done most known mmorpg;s.. WOW..DOAC...Asheron's call 1 and 2...everquest.....right now i'm trying the skotos trial that has like 14 games for 12.95 a month......they have a non pvp version of meridian 59 and underlight.....my problem is i can't find any long time players to really recommend.the games.

i just want something without the old boring MMORPG level grind.

Tom

tldr

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Lots of people recommend Battle for Wesnoth, although it's not exactly a MMORPG as such.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #3
Here is a nice little game (freeware): srb homepage
You can play alone or with up to 32 people.
I've wasted countless hours of my life with it. Enjoy!

--Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
AdventureQuest is also Okay if you can;t be bothered to think much... AdventureQuest

But everyone has different choices. Personally I'd reather play a Spiderweb Game.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Apprentice
Member # 6011
Profile Homepage #5
Blood Bowl is just as awesome as the Games Workshop boardgame was when I was 14, and is available completely free (and completely up to date) here.

Basically it's what might happen if everyone in Lord of the Rings started playing American Football and knocked the living crap out of each other. Great fun.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Goatfoam:

Blood Bowl is just as awesome as the Games Workshop boardgame was when I was 14, and is available completely free (and completely up to date) here.

Basically it's what might happen if everyone in Lord of the Rings started playing American Football and knocked the living crap out of each other. Great fun.

Don't they do that already? :P

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6011
Profile Homepage #7
Nah, Sauron decided to go for the whole 'destruction of the free peoples' routine. Think of the loss of life that could have been averted if they had just kept it on the football pitch, though. Shame. :(
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
Actually, he was just playing 'Mordorian rules Blood Bowl'. It's a faster, more free-flowing version of the game, with very few actual rules.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Goatfoam:

Nah, Sauron decided to go for the whole 'destruction of the free peoples' routine. Think of the loss of life that could have been averted if they had just kept it on the football pitch, though. Shame. :(
Yeah, maybe. But football pitches get VERY violent. Pelennor/Football Pitch - THere's not much difference. Some football players are as ugly as orcs anyway!

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #10
Oh my god, other people play fanatic games. Me and my friends will be starting a mordheim campaign soon.
Edit: Oh yeah, blood bowl is sick but I have avoided it because it plays different than Wh40k and fantasy. And it takes place in the WHF world, not LOTR. If you want info on any of these games look here .

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 10:20: Message edited by: Harlequin ]

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”