Best Games

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Best Games
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Arctic dreams of...:

quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

quote:
Originally written by Marx' Martyr:

quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

The answer, of course, is that Arctic's Imagination is the greatest Imagination by a large margin. ;)

Post edited for the sake of the children who should not have to face this sort of mental image without strong sunglasses.

(For those wondering what the original content of the post was, think Law and Order, only with the executive producer's given name and surname transposed. Given that Arctic is of the subspecies Canis lupus arctos, the astute reader may fill in the gaps.)

[ Sunday, June 26, 2005 03:47: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #26
Wait...

The answer, of course, is that Arctic's ... :eek:

Nasty.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #27
When looking at the results, it struck me that thre is some sort of patern: just look at the similarity between the Exile and Avernum games. Also didn't expect Nethergate to be such a succes.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #28
What?! The Avernum series is more popular than the Exile series?

Traitors!!! All you care about is eye candy and glitter. Go back to making your 'Uber Fighters' in Avernum, who dual wield the 'Shocking Waveblade' and the 'Alien Waveblade'. Oh, what's that, you can't? Man, it would suck to be a Avernum loyalist.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
OK You stupid Waylander (What kind of a name is that!) You certainly pissed me of you know! Now don't start laughing. If you give me your adres, I will be the first one to send you a package with something really nasty in it, like a Ginat Intelligent Talking Friednly Spider!!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Wait, I like the GIFTS! Sorry. I gues I will have to come up with something else nasty to send you.

You know, maybe people wouldn't get immediatly angry at you when you write such a reply, if you would give A REASON for what you wrote!!!!! (By the way, You are a stupid HEADLESS CHICKEN FRIED IN TO WATERY OIL!!!! Sorry about that.)

O, just one more thing: I don't need those stupid blades you are talking about!

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 04:46: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #30
It is "Über" not "Uber". I can not find a letter in the english alphabet to define the pronounciation but there is a big difference between the two.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

quote:
Originally written by Marx' Martyr:

quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

The answer, of course, is that BoX is the best game by a large margin. ;)

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #32
Uber might have an umlaut in whichever language we originally stole it from (German?) but English has a cavalier attitude to preserving the spelling of its loan words. Uber is normally considered fairly acceptable usage. Coul you drop the pedantry a notch?

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #33
Aye, well said. English adopts words as its own, with its own spellings, rather rapidly. I mean, I remember how quickly after people actually started to use the word bling, that it was even entered in the Oxford Dictionary.

Thralni, if that was sarcasm, then by all means, that was good. If not, however, then it was not particularly nice. Not to mention that you insulted his name, but if you're referring to the historical figure, in Exile/Avernum, you've spelt your own name incorrectly.

Nonetheless, you have a point. It's kinda stupid going "OMG LEIK IT SUCKS AND ANYONE WHO LIEKS IT SUCKS, COS TEHY'RE UBERNOOBS!!1!!1!one!1!", albeit, not so overdone. We all have our own preferences and choices. Balls to elitism, I say.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio

Pages