Your most memorable High School moment

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Your most memorable High School moment
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
Nothing interesting happened in our school. Our science teacher once told us about the time he had (as a student, years ago, in another school) nicked a block of sodium from the science lab and used it to blow up a toilet. Apparently, he was awarded the honor of cleaning those toilets for the next six weeks...

Oh, and our ninth grade exam in Economics (I think I mentioned that before), where our teacher all but gave us the answers to his own questions because he was so nervous (it was his first ever exam iirc). I think I held the answer sheet at such an angle on occasion that the person behind me could copy off the multiple choice answers. Nobody noticed a thing. Except for everyone besides the teacher, of course.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

4) When we covered the whole basketball with benches/tables one night after a dinner thing at school, taking photos and all, then everyone freaked out the next day :D

You covered a basketball with all that? :P

EDIT: Arancaytar... when you throw a whole block of Sodium it is most likely to blast the whole toilet to pieces leaving nothing but dust left. That was what happened 1983 when some student did that. He got seriously wounded by the explosion but endured after surgery.

[ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 01:00: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
Our science teacher did not strike me as having had to undergo extensive surgery. Perhaps the block he used was smaller (I don't know, in the range of 100-200 grams), or perhaps it was because he dropped it into the toilet and pressed the lid shut (since sodium is stored in an oil-filled container, the oil coat probably delays the reaction a few seconds). Or perhaps because the toilet was very stable and designed to be blast-proof.

In any case, he told us that it cracked apart down the middle, but no chunks of stone or dust flew around his ears.

[ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 01:28: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #28
I believe somebody in my year was planning to make some mild contact explosives (I forget the chemical name) for our year's last school day. Luckily, it fell through, since I think they realised that being expelled and prevented from sitting their A-levels might have an adverse effect on their future career prospects.

As it was, we didn't do terribly well for pranks. We removed one of the whiteboards and about 30 people signed behind it and we stole the dummy skeleton from the biology department. We then tried to hang it from a tree, but it caught on a branch and I had to climb up the tree to sort it out whilst hoping no teachers wandered by and noticed. Having sorted out the rope, we lifted it up and the rope, having undergone a lot of friction when I climbed up to sort it out, immediately broke. We then had to grab the pieces of the skeleton and hurriedly take it inside to reassemble.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #29
um, there were so many memorable moments. When I was in 11 grade truth or dare was a part of our high school life. Once one of my friends (a 15 year old guy) was dared to take off his pants and stay in his underwear in front of the classroom, which he refused. Therefore, another of ours friend decided that it would be funny if he took off the guy's pants and by mistake he ended up taking off the guy's pants and underwear in front of the entire class.

Graduation dinner was pretty memorable too, since we decided to burn all of our books and notebooks as a way to let go of our high school past (not the smartest thing to do, yet it felt kind of liberating). It was really sad, but we all loved being there and just getting ready for a new life.

There are many more, but those two were the most memorable.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Ms Marlenny:

um, there were so many memorable moments. When I was in 11 grade truth or dare was a part of our high school life. Once one of my friends (a 15 year old guy) was dared to take off his pants and stay in his underwear in front of the classroom, which he refused. Therefore, another of ours friend decided that it would be funny if he took off the guy's pants and by mistake he ended up taking off the guy's pants and underwear in front of the entire class.

Graduation dinner was pretty memorable too, since we decided to burn all of our books and notebooks as a way to let go of our high school past (not the smartest thing to do, yet it felt kind of liberating). It was really sad, but we all loved being there and just getting ready for a new life.

There are many more, but those two were the most memorable.

When exams were drawing closer, some of our German class decided to celebrate by trashing their textbooks. Half of us ended up doing that, and it turned out we still needed them. :P
Lesson: If you're going to destroy your learning materials, be sure to wait until *after* graduation...

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #31
Oh yea, science,
My friends brother a few years ago got a chunk of sodium and threw it into the school pool, where is blew up and blew a hole in the roof. Funnily enough he didn't really get into trouble for that.
A year or so later another guy stole a large strip of magnesium, lit it on fire and it created a large flashbang type thing.
Two years ago a couple of guys stole some flammible fluid from the science department (don't know what it was exactly) covered a bunch of toilet paper in it and then lit the M block bathroom on fire. They got busted and had to go to some fire fighter thing for a week.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
And GW is looking for terrorists in Iraq?

Terror, thy name is student.

*this message sponsored by Al-Jazeera and the Saudi Royal family*

Pages