Elections: The Candidacy Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Elections: The Candidacy Thread
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #75
I am torn. So many nice promises. A vote for EVOL is nearly as good as a vote for Alcritas. A vote for Scorched Earth gets TM's hands cut off. A vote for Enrich & Support protects both virgin eyes and freedom of expression. How to choose?

...wait.

It occurs to me.

What are these candidates really doing? Merely putting a set of rules together that they hope will appeal to enough people to get them elected.

What a clumsy way to go about it.

I hereby launch the Zani Party. By voting for the Zani party, you get what you want, guaranteed.

The way this works is very simple. Anyone who votes for the Zani Party is a Winner. Anyone who doesn't is a Loser. We will change the rules as often as you wish, to whatever you wish. If there is a Loser who you dislike, we can take something he did on Monday, make it a Capital offense on Tuesday, arrest him on Wednesday, execute him on Thursday, and make it legal again on Friday morning.

Want to ban someone for using the word 'drat'? We can make it happen. Want to post goatse in every topic in every forum? Sure thing. Want to do both at once? Absolutely. We excel at double standards here at the Zani Party.

Why drudge through vapid speeches and empty promises looking for a mod that may give you some of what you want, when a vote for the Zani Party means that you get everything that you want, by definition.

Is our position morally bankrupt? Absolutely! And what are you going to do about it? See, the lure of absolute power is too much for the masses to resist. Don't kid yourself into thinking your vote counts. It doesn't. It's everyone else's votes that count, and they will be voting for the Zani Party, because they don't want to be Losers. They don't want to be stripped of every right they have, and to be forced to rely on the goodwill of the Winners. In fact, I encourage you not to vote for us. Winning will be no fun if there is no one to oppress.

The Zani Party. Vote for someone else, if you dare.

[ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 21:28: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #76
*ahem*

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #77
Final List of Candidates:

Alec
Thuryl
ADoS - withdrawn
Dolphin
MM
Imban 4444
Wise Man
Cairo Jim
Sarachim
Stug
FBM
Kel
TM
JadeWolf
Sushi
Aran
Micael
stranger
BtI - withdrawn
Riibu
Spring
AM
Nicothodes
Zeviz
Sir David
Archmage Alex
fatman

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:02: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages