Most Popular/Favorite Moderator

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Most Popular/Favorite Moderator
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #0
This poll is pretty simple. Who is your favorite moderator? and who do you think is the most popular around SW?

Edit: Please let me know if I am missing someone, if I misspelled your name, or if you find something wrong with the poll. Thanks

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 17:02: Message edited by: Marlenny ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 60 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=qShIxhFSchjw"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=qShIxhFSchjw"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #1
There's no real distinction between Mods and regular members around here.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Except that members just ask for topics to be locked whereas mods just do it. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
There are some I am more familiar with than others, and they likely know that I like them, and I don't know the ones that I have had very little or no contact with. I won't vote because I don't want to say, and because they are able to see who voted for who.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

There are some I am more familiar with than others, and they likely know that I like them, and I don't know the ones that I have had very little or no contact with. I won't vote because I don't want to say, and because they are able to see who voted for who.
It's kinda unfair that moderators get to see one's vote (I thought voting was supposed to be private), yet who cares? it's not that you might dislike the others moderators, just that you prefer one over the other. Besides, we all know that not all moderators are nice to everyone.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
I'm pretty much just speculating. I'm going on the “Mods see all” principle.

--------------------
Nena
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

I'm pretty much just speculating. I'm going on the “Mods see all” principle.
ohhh, I thought it was a fact. My bad
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Mods don't get to see who voted for whom. We just get to see (like everyone else) the statistical results.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
Good to know, but I still wont say :P

--------------------
Nena
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #9
I = Neutral

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Wisemanism:
the Religion:
I = Neutral
Where is the fun on that? we all got a favorite, besides u could vote on who is the most popular one. We all know that let's say Kel and Alorael post more than Seletine or The creator. It's just a vote, though its up to you. i don't wanna be too pushy
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #11
I used to have preferences, but it's been too long. :/

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
All I can say is that I miss the days when mods were shown next to the forums on the main boards page. There are some people who became mods without my noticing.

—Alorael, who has also occasionally been made a mod without noticing. He just figured out that Drakey added him to the AT forum a few days ago. Anyone know how long ago it was actually done?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
No, though I noticed you were a mod there some time ago already...

In any case, on the General forum Alo wins rifles-down. With competition like Saunders it's a tough race, but you can't beat the coolness of a 55-year-old Alaskan sniper on Skribbane. I'd consider the other forums, but I don't post on them too often.

And I'd vote for Imban if he hadn't sniffed me out several times too often while I was trying to use an anonymous account. :cool:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #14
What that half of Creator said pretty much holds true. Mods aren't necessarily the most popular or wise people. They're just the people who stop the forum from going to blazes. :P

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 21:30: Message edited by: Imban ]
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #15
I don't really want to say who I voted for, as it wouldn't be very nice. Alorael is (in my opinion) the most popular Mod, as reasons stated by Aran.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

What that half of Creator said pretty much holds true. Mods aren't necessarily the most popular or wise people. They're just the people who stop the forum from going to blazes. :P
*nods*
Some mental strength, world-weariness and ability to abstain from chewing one's own feet off are key attributes.

By the way, where did the extra nicknames come from?

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #17
Those are their current displayed names.

Alorael has been AT moderator for a few months now.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #18
Ah the fun of statistics, and the ridiculous deductions that can be made of them. For example:

"Shrodinger is clearly a good moderator, its just that noone likes him"

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

Ah the fun of statistics, and the ridiculous deductions that can be made of them. For example:

"Shrodinger is clearly a good moderator, its just that noone likes him"

lol is not that noone likes him. It's that he doesn't post as much as Alorael or Kel so the newbies don't know him at all.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #20
I had voted for six if I could, Schrodinger included. It's somehow unfair that you have to choose one single mod.

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #21
Yeah, I haven't seen Schrodinger forever, hardly, except for a few times. He seems like quite a likable guy, but I coudn't vote for him seing as I don't really know him anyway. He usually posts as soon as someone mentions him...

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #22
Imby's my personal favorite, but I find nearly all of them to be good chaps and chapesses in general. Alorael's easily the most well-known, and probably the most popular. But when a tough choice is to be made, I must go with my heart, and my heart belongs wholly to Desperance. :P

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #23
Right now Schrodinger is off getting married.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #24
Congrats to Shrodinger about that. :)

As for the poll itself, results are curious because the second question basically asks "who will get the most votes on question 1", or "who do you think others will vote for". With either interpretation it appears that some mods are a lot more popular than everybody assumes.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.

Pages