Oh...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oh...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
Ground Based Training System.

Unlikely, though.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
Go back to sleep.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
See, not even www.acronymfinder.com is perfect. I submitted that definition now. ;)

[ Tuesday, March 08, 2005 23:49: Message edited by: Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar] ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #28
Ground Based Training System? Fair enough.

[ Tuesday, March 08, 2005 23:54: Message edited by: The Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #29
i was serious about my earlier post, all that jeff has done in his works inspired me so i am still here talking to great ppl like u

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Waffle Guy:

if we are to begin talking about the smilies that this site needs...
i'd start with the fact that this site needs a smily with a weapon

who needs sanity? its what keeps morals going around and if we have no morals then no evil cuz people usualy perform various crimes due to pressure from others and everyone can be insane and happy and retarded :D

HAHA! Yes, Someone has stepped into my little cave of skewed thought and now I can throw my little cord of philosophical thought around their neck and strangle them with my twisted logic! Haha! Philosophically speaking…
You said that without morels then there would be no evil. But by that logic there would be no good, correct. For if there is no evil then what could good be compared to too make it good? Without evil good has no place in this world. So thank god that there is evil in the world. It allows us to understand and appreciate the good that is also there, however miniscule and small that it may be it allows us to see it. Back to the previous thought If there were no good and no evil then there would be no logical need for morals as any human reaction thought or idea would be considered neither good nor bad yet simply existing. SO that would make your whole point moot. For without evil morals would have no existence as a preventative of evil. And sanity is simply a buffer against the far more dangerous aspects of human nature. If we allow our sanity to slip then we also allow our deeper, more primal natures to come to the surface. It is far, FAR better to allow those thoughts and idea to be overshadowed by a hint of sanity, a gate holding back the waves of fear, anger, hatred, everything that made man man, then to allow it to leak through the craks in the surface and pervade the outside world with it’s.. horror. Insanity is the key to the pandora’s box. It allows you to slip off your little bubble of peace and fall into that deep black ocean. So, I say that thank you very much but I would prefer to keep whatever shard of sanity that I have left. And the evil in the world…how ever bad, how ever wrong. Has it’s place… Thank you…thank you very much…ahhh, it has been a while since I let my inner mung out:D
Btw, pressure from others isn’t really a reason that anyone except the weakest of souls can claim. For we all have a choice…you have to have the inclination before you’re ever going to allow yourself to go along with anything…so it’s still their fault:D

EDIT: two things...this is a really long post and...I MADE IT TO ADEPT!!! WHO YEAH!!!

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 08:02: Message edited by: PencilDragon ]

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #31
quote:

who needs sanity?
No-one

BTW mung, congratulations on your adept-ness.

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
Armed smileys?

IMAGE(http://assets.jolt.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/sniper.gif)
IMAGE(http://assets.jolt.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/mp5.gif)

And lastly, the most devastating weapon of all...

IMAGE(http://www.polarisboard.org/board/html/emoticons/banana.gif)

It's teh banana of doom!

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by PencilDragon:

Without evil good has no place in this world
true, but that brings us to the question:
do we really need good in this world?

it takes time to become good or evil and then it gets all confusing and stuff.
anyway if we had no good or evil we would have time for other things, like science, art and love! people love nothing that doesnt fall under one of these categories. i dare u to name something that doesnt fall under one of these!!!

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
What is your definition of Good and Evil?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #35
evil: crime

good: order/law

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #36
quote:
good

adj 1: having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified; "good news from the hospital"; "a good report card"; "when she was good she was very very good"; "a good knife is one good for cutting"; "this stump will make a good picnic table"; "a good check"; "a good joke"; "a good exterior paint"; "a good secretary"; "a good dress for the office" [ant: bad] 2: having the normally expected amount; "gives full measure"; "gives good measure"; "a good mile from here" [syn: full] 3: morally admirable [ant: evil] 4: deserving of esteem and respect; "all respectable companies give guarantees"; "ruined the family's good name" [syn: estimable, honorable, respectable] 5: promoting or enhancing well-being; "an arms limitation agreement beneficial to all countries"; "the beneficial effects of a temperate climate"; "the experience was good for her" [syn: beneficial] 6: superior to the average; "in fine spirits"; "a fine student"; "made good grades"; "morale was good"; "had good weather for the parade" [syn: fine] 7: agreeable or pleasing; "we all had a good time"; "good manners" 8: of moral excellence; "a genuinely good person"; "a just cause"; "an upright and respectable man"; "the life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous"- Frederick Douglass [syn: just, upright, virtuous] 9: having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; "adept in handicrafts"; "an adept juggler"; "an expert job"; "a good mechanic"; "a practiced marksman"; "a proficient engineer"; "a lesser-known but no less skillful composer"; "the effect was achieved by skillful retouching" [syn: adept, expert, practiced, proficient, skillful, skilful] 10: thorough; "had a good workout"; "gave the house a good cleaning" 11: with or in a close or intimate relationship; "a good friend"; "my sisters and brothers are near and dear" [syn: dear, near] 12: having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others; "his benevolent smile"; "a benevolent nature" [syn: benevolent] [ant: malevolent] 13: financially sound; "a good investment"; "a secure investment" [syn: dependable, safe, secure] 14: most suitable or right for a particular purpose; "a good time to plant tomatoes"; "the right time to act"; "the time is ripe for great sociological changes" [syn: right, ripe] 15: resulting favorably; "its a good thing that I wasn't there"; "it is good that you stayed"; "it is well that no one saw you"; "all's well that ends well" [syn: well(p)] 16: exerting force or influence; "the law is effective immediately"; "a warranty good for two years"; "the law is already in effect (or in force)" [syn: effective, in effect(p), in force(p)] 17: feeling healthy and free of aches and pains; "I feel good" [syn: good(p)] 18: capable of pleasing; "good looks" 19: appealing to the mind; "good music"; "a serious book" [syn: serious] 20: in excellent physical condition; "good teeth"; "I still have one good leg"; "a sound mind in a sound body" [syn: sound] 21: tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health; "beneficial effects of a balanced diet"; "a good night's sleep"; "the salutary influence of pure air" [syn: beneficial, salutary] 22: not forged; "a good dollar bill" 23: not left to spoil; "the meat is still good" [syn: unspoiled, unspoilt] 24: generally admired; "good taste" n 1: benefit; "for your own good"; "what's the good of worrying?" 2: moral excellence or admirableness; "there is much good to be found in people" [syn: goodness] [ant: evil] 3: that which is good or valuable or useful; "weigh the good against the bad"; "among the highest goods of all are happiness and self-realization" [syn: goodness] [ant: bad] adv 1: (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well'); "the children behaved well"; "a task well done"; "the party went well"; "he slept well"; "a well-argued thesis"; "a well-planned party"; "the baby can walk pretty good" [syn: well] [ant: ill] 2: in a complete and thorough manner (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly'); "he was soundly defeated"; "we beat him good" [syn: thoroughly, soundly]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University
quote:
evil

adj 1: morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds" [syn: wicked] [ant: good] 2: having the nature of vice [syn: depraved, vicious] 3: tending to cause great harm [syn: harmful, injurious] 4: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force" [syn: malefic, malevolent, malign] n 1: morally objectionable behavior [syn: immorality, wickedness, iniquity] 2: that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune; "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare 3: the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice; "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world" [syn: evilness] [ant: good]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

[ Thursday, March 10, 2005 06:41: Message edited by: Mind ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:

Who makes those laws - is/are he/she/it/they to be trusted implicitly in all their decisions?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #38
Do we really need good...and do we really need evil? I don't know if that question can ever be answered...even if we don't need them, or want them-We Have To Deal With Them. I would love to be devoid or such restrictions and thoughts. I would love to live a life with no ups and downs. But that’s not going to happen.
Good…the things that make you feel…right. I don’t know how to explain it. Like, when you see a kitten on the side of the road, you drive on, and your stomach turns and you find yourself looking back in the mirror. So you turn around and pick up the little Kit. You take it home and make it comfortable, give it food, milk. You make it feel at home, loved. That’s good.
Evil…is when you look at that cat and you realize that you can’t keep it. So you pick it up, feel it’s feather weight in your hand, you cradle it in your arms for a moment, then drop it into a blanket. Wrapped comfortably you put it in the passenger seat of your car and take it to some side road, far away. You set the little bundle on the ground and scratch it on above the ears one last time. The cat pushes against your hand, it’s eyes closed, and tries to lick your fingers when you pull your hand away. You sit back in your seat and start the engine. Above the growl of the car you hear a high yip. A soft little noise as the kitten fights to free it’s self from the blanket. You look into its eyes and you can tell…you can feel that he knows what’s happening. Before he can shake the last bit of clothe from its little paw you gun the engine and pull away. That is the evil in the world. Situations like this that tear you apart inside.
Evil can be as large as a corrupt ruler or as small as a lost kitten, abandoned. Good can be as great as saving the world or taking in that little cat.
Now, I realize that this post is a little depressing. So, my little sis told me a joke. Answerer each of these questions to yourself.
1. What is your name…
2. What color is the sky…
3. What is the opposite of down…
Yah…that was it…interesting joke though :D but like I was saying. Without good in the world we would be heartless basterds. Good is what allows emotions like love and hate to be possible. It’s one of the colors in the multi-faceted spectrum of life. Without it would be like…having a world without shadows. Bare and strangely…wrong. Things such as good and bad, to me at least, aren’t simply decisions. It’s the way things feel. The right or wrong of a situation if you take my meaning. Am I making any sort of logic?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #39
quote:

That would be to say that oppressors are good and free thinking rebels are bad.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #40
...Cold...but true:D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by PencilDragon:

Cold but true
Neither.

I prefer the 2-dimensional one. You know, the Angband/ADOM thingie. You know.

^ Good
|
|
<---------> Chaos
Order |
|
v Evil
There's more to that system than one might think. Remember what an improvement the political compass is over the traditional Left/Right scale.

[ Thursday, March 10, 2005 09:35: Message edited by: I'm Late, I'm Late, For ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #42
So good and evil go in different directions? So to say, evil goes south-east and good goes north-west?
If not, forgive my logic. Its early in the morning and I'm at school.

--------------------

Polaris
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by I'm Late, I'm Late, For:

Those darn sliths and faeries are at it again.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

quote:
Originally written by I'm Late, I'm Late, For:

Those darn sliths and faeries are at it again.

Sliths and Fairies?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #45
ok pencildragon, that bring us to the begining. i know e cant get rid of good and evil and we have to deal with them. BUT! that is only because sanity exists and without it the world would be a much happier place. BUT AGAIN! we cannot get rid of sanity and all that i was saying about it was just proven true. as you can see this topic shows us our true selves, we left our sanity in the real world and entered this little world of our own where we now dwell without morals, openly stating ourselves.

the end

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #46
Image too long, so. . .

Good & Evil

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 5531
Profile #47
A very belated hello

--------------------
~the all consuming oni of chaos~

Pages