Gamers Tech Zone, New Message Board I made!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Gamers Tech Zone, New Message Board I made!
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #0
Hey all!

I just made these cool new message board, which shouldn't have the same problems as my last one.

The name is Gamer's Tech Zone. I commonly call them GTZ.

Anyways, I hope you all join them!

The link

And before you say anything, THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER FAN SITE!

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!

Come check out my forums! Always improving! Gamer's Tech Zone. By Gamers, for gamers.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Okay. What distinguishes it from thousands of other such forums?

—Alorael, who likes to know what he's signing up for before he signs up.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #2
Umm... (thinks)

These...
1) Its still new, which means it's still being constructed, which in turn, means that theres a better chance of getting things you like on it.
2) Its a smaller community. That means, less annoying posts. So you can leave for a day and not have to read through a hundred posts to catch up.
3) A large covering of areas. It's broad, which allows it to cover more areas and in turn, "cater" to more people so to speak.

Do those help?

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!

Come check out my forums! Always improving! Gamer's Tech Zone. By Gamers, for gamers.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
And before you say anything, THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER FAN SITE!
I don't believe you.

quote:
Originally written by Tachytackiness:

Okay. What distinguishes it from thousands of other such forums?

—Alorael, who likes to know what he's signing up for before he signs up.

Alo, if you strain your memory, you will remember Kagurati did the same thing last year. (In fact, the old link is still in his signature). I believe we had the same discussion then.

Sadly, it was deleted in the purges, and my archives aren't ordered enough for me to find it (I tried).

Edit: Link was edited just now while I was writing. For reference the old one is http:// s4.invisionfree.com/ultimate_RP/index.php

And yes, I'm an Archivist. :rolleyes:

[ Friday, February 25, 2005 10:56: Message edited by: Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar] ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
Sorry.
I'm already signed up for two forums, and that is enough for me. Sweet. Journeyman Member.

[ Friday, February 25, 2005 00:24: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
4-5 for me, I believe, and I've started programming feed aggregators so I don't have to check them all to see if there are new posts.

Aside: The reason I didn't find the earlier thread was because it had not, in fact, been purged yet.

Edit:

A tale I once heard from a wise man...

quote:
Once upon a time, there were two brothers who ran a farm with their father. One of them was a reasonable, knowledgeable man who knew his business. Sadly, the other one was a fool.

And when their father died without a will, the two brothers did not want to continue running their farm together (mainly because each of the two brothers knew in their heart that the other was a fool and would only bring their business down). And so they pondered long how they should divide their inheritance.

They split up everything nice and even, until they came to their livestock. Here, they could not reach agreement. Because, see, the two brothers had both worked hard to keep these animals, but because each were convinced the other was a fool, they were equally convinced they deserved them more. And so they resolved to make a wager.

Actually, it was the foolish brother who proposed it. "I will build," he said, "a new stable right next to the old one. And when in the evening the beasts come home from the pasture, some of them will go into the old stable, and some will go into the new one. And I will keep all the animals that go into the new stable; you can keep the rest. Fair bargain?"

"Fair bargain," said the other, and though the foolish brother did not ask for it, both brothers worked together to build the new stable, because it was not really a task for one man. At length, they were finished.

In his mind, the foolish brother was already gloating over his new herd. Of course, he thought, all but the most stupid of animals will come into my stable. It's so new, and bright, and shiny, what beast could resist its attraction? Thus he gloated, and awaited with eagerness the moment when they would drive their cattle back from the pasture, and they would each choose their stable.

But oh! When the animals faced the two stables, they did not once turn their heads to even look at the new stable! Instead they walked mindlessly on, driven by force of their habit, into the old stables that were their home.

Only a single old donkey walked into the new forum, because he was nearly blind and had lost his way.

Later, the smart brother felt bad about having let his brother walk into the trap of his own folly, but when he searched for him, intending to propose a more fair division of the animals, he was too late: In shame, the foolish brother had mounted the back of his donkey, and ridden off into the night to escape the embarassment. He never returned.
:)

[ Friday, February 25, 2005 02:08: Message edited by: Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar] ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Yes, I am aware that this is not the first such attempt by Kagurati. The question was rather pointed.

—Alorael, who considers point 2 countered by the fact that it is not really any community and points 1 and 3 countered by the problem with point 2. Basically, without a starting core of people, you can't attract people based on the community alone. You don't have one.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
And yes, I'm an http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/

Thats a sweet site man. Ive never run into it before. :D

[ Friday, February 25, 2005 12:29: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Yes, I thought it's amazing how well we all fit in those categories. I'd say ef and Saunders are the 'Nannies', for example. :D

Edit:

I visited those forums.

quote:
how do you create art? :confused:
Good question.

[ Friday, February 25, 2005 12:55: Message edited by: Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar] ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #9
I am of teh firm belefi that one is always a member of too many message boards. I find them a nice place to sit and do nothing for a few days one has off of school or is home form work for whatever reason.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #10
I'm being much more picky with my mods and how they moderate. That should keep the problem of my last board from re-occuring. As you can see, I have yet to appoint any mods and I am managing the board myself.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #11
Well thatz cool, but ''I just don't Give a ****''. Sorry listening to Slim at the moment any way. We don't really need another Forum. Why don't you just focus on these boards aight.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #12
Nah, these boards are kinda boring after a bit. I've been here longer than my member number lets on. I was also "Kagurati". I lost the password when I switched computers. Anyways, I think I'll work on my board a bit. Then go check one of the others I visit often.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
You must have been here long indeed, if even, say, Alec and Thuryl, two of the oldest members, are still here and don't find it boring enough to leave as far as I can tell...

Well, okay, they're also on Desp. And on Polaris.

But why go founding a new empty board if you're bored here? Is it just your wish to lord it over a forum as an admin?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #14
No, its not that.

quote:
lord it over a forum as an admin?
I just see opportunities that will never be. I made my own message board so I could add what I saw fit. I also listen to the members of my boards more. On one board the admin only listened to the mods, which is EXTREMELY annoying.

Besides, it is kinda fun to create your own board. That and it gives you something to do, when you've beaten 90% of your games and are tired of trying on that other 10%.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Kagurati_Tian:

Besides, it is kinda fun to create your own board.

Yes, that is precisely what I meant.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #16
Well, hope you have fun with it and it works out.

"Kagurati" is indeed old, from way back in May 08, 2002. But it had 0 posts. But "Kagurati Tian" is from the same day (#1110 & #1111, respectively) and that one had 19 posts. And, for what is worth, if you care about such number crunching, you had 2 votes for an average of 4 stars.

Anyway, sorry this seems boring to you sometimes.

Best of luck with you board!!!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #17
It wouldn't be that bad a board given more members and more popularity. I'm not going to join, though, considering the fact that I spend way too much time on this board anyway.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ