Right Click functionality

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Right Click functionality
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #0
Is there any way to block images from a site that works w/o being able to use the right mouse button, and doesn't require any significant alteration of settings? The Empire Always Loses is not meant to be accessed from a library computer is it? :o
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but does going into the preferences and disabling images entirely not serve your purpose? It's only one checkbox, so it's easy to undo.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #2
Yeah that would work but is not accessible from this computer. Basically I don't need librarians peering over my shoulder and seeing TM's insignia :P . I don't have access to the internet from my private computer at the moment, and I'm really not willing to risk an infraction of the rules, which is why I had discontinued my involvement in the arena/TEAL due to the graphics that are unsuitable for public computers. Is there any keyboard short that will pull up the menu for the selected item that right clicking does? Or is there a shortcut to the disable option?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Seems to me that the solution to this, as with many of life's problems, is to beat TM around the head until he stops making life hard for others.

EDIT: I'm not really supposed to do this, but I disabled TM's avatar. Visit without fear.

[ Monday, January 10, 2005 06:06: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #4
Terror's has his high points:D I'm not sure if there's any shortcuts for what your asking for. THere are some programs out there that do have some sort of filter I think but I'm not sure. Do what most people do and make the window REALLY small... That seems to work most of the time.

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
In other news, anyone know why Desp refuses to allow me to visit? It alternates between two error messages, one saying that the server could not be found and the other sayinig that it could not connect to the server. (I'm running OS 10.3 and have attempted with several browsers.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #6
I find my Desp access rather unreliable, with the same sort of error messages. However, I only get that from home dialup. At university, it works fine.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Sounds like a DNS issue. Complain to your ISP, or ask Djur for Desp's IP address.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

EDIT: I'm not really supposed to do this, but I disabled TM's avatar. Visit without fear.
He'll be simply overjoyed at that. :/

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #9
I keep meaning to add in the IP address, but I can never be bothered working out how to graft it into OS X's deviant method of resolving names.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #10
/etc/hosts doesn't work?

I know OS X uses its own configuration system, but I seem to remember that there's a command to dump some of it out into traditional /etc files and another to incorporate changes in those files.

Yes, Desp has occasional DNS issues. I'm not exactly sure why. At this time, Desp's IP is 63.247.94.25, and its nameservers are ns3.commencenow.com and ns4.commencenow.com. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the CN nameservers at fault. See, they share the same IP as Desp. :-p

Once I'm on colo, I'm going to spend the money to get non-crappy DNS.