New Arena RP: The Empire Always Loses

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New Arena RP: The Empire Always Loses
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #0
We've just started a new RP, and we're hoping to get as many members as possible. Those of you who remember the old Arena's RP will find this pretty familiar, but for everyone else, it's simple and all the details (as well as the RP itself) can be found here:

The Empire Always Loses

[ Thursday, December 30, 2004 06:24: Message edited by: Sarachim ]
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #1
Hope you don't mind me posting my link here. I didn't want to start a new topic for one link. Okay so I have just launched my new role playing section to my site. I'm letting you guys and a few friends check it out before it offically opens. It comes at a slightly odd time when the front of my site is down for matinence. I give you Role Play.

--------------------
Post count 446 + Current.
--------------------
I am Dolney, A guy with some level of grammar and The rightful owner of 5000.
--------------------
"Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather watch grainy video of cheerleaders being introduced to lesbianism." -Jeff Vogel
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Deep inside, I cry. When this topic goes unanswered for a whole day apart from a plug for a non-existant forum, then you know what the most noble art of Roleplay has come to on Spiderweb.

*marks off Creeper's dead board as number 7 this year* Or 8, lost count. Even more than last year.

I'd come to join (the new Arena that is, not the other one), but then again I'm extremely short for time these days. Pity about it.

[ Friday, December 31, 2004 08:40: Message edited by: By Path that seldom Mortal goes ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, everyone's welcome -- even those a little short of time. It isn't too fast yet.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #4
The boards aren't dead they aren't open yet. See the diffrence between mine and the free proboards is mine is on my server and if the 20+ people who are waiting for me to open it decide to leave I can easily scrap it. Eh, beats using it for a blog.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
"Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather watch grainy video of cheerleaders being introduced to lesbianism." -Jeff Vogel
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Get the bloody hell out of a perfectly decent thread.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #6
Patience, mortal.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #7
Dolney has seperate boards for "literate" and "semi-literate."

And they said irony was dead.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
(There are, inevitably, no posts in either.)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
You can't open a board to the general public before you have a solidly established "core" group that new members can latch on to. What do you expect to happen? That a new community spontaneously congeals from the big space that is Spiderweb and comes over to your forum to populate it? Not going to happen. The community has to be there, and though it be only 3-4 members. You yourself aren't enough.

Of course, some claim to have had tremendous success with multiple accounts. But a) you will slip up very soon and it's very embarassing and b) how sad is that?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #10
I have three members and the only reason I posted it here was because there used to be a lot of avid role players.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #11
the Pact is not sealed.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Creeper The Great:

I have three members
Liar. You clearly do not even have one.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
:oh snap

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #14
How and why would I lie? It says right at the bottom it says four registered users two are mine (one for each computer) and two are my internet friends. See I have no reason to lie it's not as though it would do anything.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
That is not the sort of member we meant.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #16
Accident with a chainsaw, really don't want to talk about it.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #17
so you lost your member because an accident involving a chainsaw. -_-

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #18
People have lost worse in accidents with a chainsaw. Still... a community where roleplaying is so strongly monopolized by established satellites (ie Desperance and Polaris) isn't really fertile ground for a new rp board.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Sarachim:

We've just started a new RP, and we're hoping to get as many members as possible. Those of you who remember the old Arena's RP will find this pretty familiar, but for everyone else, it's simple and all the details (as well as the RP itself) can be found here:

The Empire Always Loses

TEAL is still open, running, and eager for patronage. Check it out!

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.