Favourite Cartoon Series

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favourite Cartoon Series
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #25
Some very good choices. I personally used to like the Flintstones a heck of alot, but they took it off over here. Scooby-Doo (the original, before Scrappy) is pretty good too.

On the subject of Anime (which does count, because it is a type of cartoon) has anyone ever seen the film Akira? The animation and dialogue wasn't great, but for it's time it was fantastic.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #26
I've seen Akira. From what I remember, it seemed as if it would have killed them to give the story an actual point.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #27
The story did have a point. Admittedly, not one that anyone could really understand without it being explained to them, but there was a point nonetheless.

Unfortunately, until I have had some sleep, I am by no means sane enough to explain it.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #28
I remember watching speed racer. Even tho its gay now, it was cool back then. :)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #29
So how do those first few people figure it out to explain it to others, huh? :P
Apprentice
Member # 4900
Profile #30
X-Men was my all time favorite cartoon (Old school X-Men cartoons, not the stuipd Evolution ones)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #31
"The Matrix was awesome! You just don't get it. But I don't want to have to waste my time explaining it to you."

Sheesh. Is this what all of artistic expression in the world coming down to?

Yes, yes it is.

"People at the top are closing ranks so tightly that all possibility of subjective deviation has gone, and difference can be sought only in the more distinguished cut of an evening dress." —Theodor Adorno

[ Friday, December 03, 2004 19:54: Message edited by: Wilfred A. Spurts ]

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #32
Fine. If you are to take that tack. The plot behind Akira was that children had been experimented on by the Japanese government after the third world war. These were designed to release certain potentials found within suitable subjects.

Akira was the most powerful. He transcended into pure energy, but managed to destroy an entire city while doing so. All that was left of him was disected and left in the jars to be frozen and buried in an installation beneath the Olympic Stadium which is under construction.

The three others were less skilled and afraid of the concequences of transcension. Tetsuo was another of high potential, unfortunately, the process made him far less than stable. As a result, with enormous power, but no control, his powers manifested themselves at random.

Eventually, Tetsuo started to transcend, with what little control he had, gone. The three, combined with a spiritual manifestation of Akira, guided him into transcension. Once again, destroying the entire city.

That's about it for anything that might seem complex. Everything else should be fairly easy to understand.

Oh yes:

“Peace is but a state of mind. A mental Nirvana. If it is to be achieved, you must know what you want, where you are going to and where you have come from. If you do not know your origin, destination and purpose, you can never find what you are looking for...” -- Jasper Lewis

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #33
Oh ma geez!

How could I forget the animated Batman series?!

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #34
I understood what happened. It's just that it came down to, like, "stuff happens and I don't care".

Pages