Speeding up your computer without buying a cable modem.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Speeding up your computer without buying a cable modem.
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #25
Heh... here they are about to pass a law forcing everyone with an internet connection to pay fees for TV. Supposedly, you can watch TV by stream download.

I'm awaiting the day when Jeff Vogel demands payment for all his shareware games from anyone with an internet connection. After all, you could download pirated versions of those games with any connection, so it's only fair if the price of them is included, right?

Well, at least his games would be worth it. I'm pretty galled that I might be taxed to pay for the kind of collective population-dumbing that passes for TV programs here. :rolleyes:

[ Thursday, November 18, 2004 06:28: Message edited by: I Am A Puppet Account ]

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #26
The problem I encountered when considering DSL was that the provider in my area, Verizon, requires logging in prior to use. My roommate and I wanted to have a wireless router so that we could just tap into the service whenever we wanted. We determined that this would be more easily accomplished through cable.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #27
Go go pirate scum! :P

Pages