Geneforge 3 Screenshots....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 Screenshots....
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by The Great Spirit:

Me want da game but still 2d?? thought they would have made it 3d by now. Still spidweb has yet too make a bad game, so 2d isn't so bad. I have been hoping for a geneforge 3 and now my dreams have come true, at least one of them, so some time soon I will win the lotto.
Sir, are you a drunk?
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #26
No, he's an idiot who begs people to make him trainers. See my old signature.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #27
That was hardly begging. You clearly do not play well with others.

Also, in regards to your new signature, I would be surprised if Djur ever touched AvDialogue.
Apprentice
Member # 4904
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Dres Redoran:

Even with those things, he should still consider moving to at least a very basic 3d engine soon. Seen that free MMORPG, Runescape? And engine like that would work fine.

I don't see why not... well I do, but I think it might be worth it. I've spoken with several people over the last few years that have heard of Spiderweb games, but were turned off the dated visuals, regardless of the gameplay elements. While most of us aren't so shallow, we do still like to look at our games...

I think not. He clearly shouldn't move to a 3D engine.

Well, surely, a good and fast, like UnrealEngine, 3D graphics would look better. But, first, making such a thing requires not just programmers, it requires a skilled, experienced team of programmers. Look at TES3:Morrowind. Well, a rich company hired a lot of people to do a 3D engine. What's the result? The result is an extremely slow, very buggy and unstable, "featuring" a lot of problems 3d engine. Because only a few teams in the world can make it good. While making just a 3d object display is not that hard (if you visit www.scene.org, you can see a lot of high-quality 3d demos in just 64 kbytes mostly written by 1-5 people), creating a stable game engine is not that easy.

Second problem is: it won't really look better. It would look worse. Because without a large team of 3d artists there can be no good models.
And, besides that, have you heard about Fallout 3 which will be 3d? And about fans' reaction? It's very negative. Because 2d graphics has it own advantages which are in first place perfection in details barely possible for 3d. There are no ugly animation, sharp poly edges, poly intersection, multiple small bugs, etc. And the second is that handcrafted graphics look better.

What about people who require 3d to play... most of them won't buy the game anyway. This game is interesting not because of graphics (though it's a very pleasant change from quite ugly Avernum), but because of storyline and gameplay. Some people still play ADoM for that. Geneforge graphics is acceptable.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #29
It's very sad that I said basic (i.e... not UnrealEngine). I also don't recall saying he should move to 3D with Genoforge 3.

To avoid such... misunderstandings... again: soon=future projects.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4904
Profile #30
You see, this engine looks better than a basic 3d engine would. UnrealEngine is the first game 3d engine allowing large open spaces, at the same time being fast, non-demanding and featuring good graphics. I'd really prefer GF3/A4 on it.
But a basic 3d engine... no way.
Apprentice
Member # 5232
Profile #31
i think they should make a geneforge rts were u control a bunch of shapers and can build buildings to hous armor and make thos pool thingys also it would be nice if ur creation lists include serviles and thos stationary gaurd thingys

--------------------
Dying tickles

Pages