Shameless Plug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shameless Plug
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #0
Some of you may have heard of the BoE Arena and associated RP. We're planning on starting it up again, probably in BoA. Since some people have complained about the lack of RPs on the SW forums, I thought you might be interested in taking a look:

http://forums.desperance.net/index.php?showtopic=470

If you want to know more or have input into the design process, be on AIM in an hour, and join the Buddy Chat room "Arena RP".

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Well, the chat's over and I think it went well. Thanks to all those who participated; I look forward to seeing more of you. Anyone interested in participating in a new RP with a political twist should check out the link in my sig.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Sounds good!

I'm disappointed I couldn't take part in the chat (slept 3 AM - 9 AM local time, and the chat would have been 6 AM here). Still, it's good you put the transcript up.
Also intriguing that you consider the possibility of a cooperation with Polaris - I'm sure it would benefit the RPs on Spiderweb greatly.

On a quasi-related note, this inspired me to produce a modified Valorim map with a color-overlay of the provinces (since I always keep getting those mixed up). To whom it may concern: ;)

The Provinces of Valorim
IMAGE(http://images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/provinces_small.gif)

(This is a thumbnail, click for the large picture).

[ Saturday, November 13, 2004 13:29: Message edited by: He wandr'd far from Northern strand ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
Pretty and canonical. I like it.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
Thanks! :D

What does "canon" refer to anyway in this case - the game's background?

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
I'd assume so, since unlike the other continents, the geography of Valorim is in fact JV canon.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
Wow, that map's pretty good! My compliments.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #7
It glows like an alien! O.O

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by I love you for your inner beauty:

It glows like an alien! O.O
Well, it is one... I just took Drakey's map and smeared an alien all over it. They're easy to get round here, and wonderful map-making material! I think everybody uses them.

[ Saturday, November 13, 2004 17:24: Message edited by: He wandr'd far from Northern strand ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #9
I'm pretty sure Colchis is in Karnold though, and I'm absolutely sure that Freeport is. I believe when you first cross the bridge to Freeport, you get a message about the guards keeping slimes out of Karnold, and why would there only be a road from Sharmik if it's in Krizan?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
The maps you can buy in A3 show that Karnold Province ends east of Colchis and Farport. Colchis is so close to Krizsan that it logically belongs in the same province.

Farport is only on the map showing Bigail, which it clearly is not part of. You're right that it probably belongs in Karnold Province, though, regardless of the map cutoff.

—Alorael, who also has to thank Arancaytar for copying the maps and saving him a few minutes looking for them with ResEdit.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
As I said to Aran before, Karnold doesn't extend that far east or south, Midori doesn't extend that far west, and I don't that the island is part of Monroe.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
Alorael, well, I *did* copy and upload those maps... but I never posted them here. :P

If anyone else wants to see them, just enter the following URL.

images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/filename.gif

with filename standing for "bigail", "karnold", krizsan", "midori", "footracer" and "monroe".

Well, I see Execa city was ruined. I suppose you could make a case for a ruined city to not count as province territory anymore...

Karnold, on the other hand, includes the cities on the southern coast (namely Libras and Storm Port) - IMAGE(http://images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/karnold.gif)
Though I agree that Lost Isle, Gorst and Gebra should be neutral.

Note that there is a broad bit of empty land between Colchis and the nearest cities to the east, whereas it is indeed very close to Krizsan to the west.

Considering that these provinces have no effect on the uninhabited countryside (they're not at war after all), but only the cities, the question of where to put the Krizsan/Karnold border is moot. It is somewhere between Colchis and Bolton in the South coast. Whether Farport is in Krizsan or Karnold is another question.

Marish could be said to belong to Bigail, but the case is weak.

You haven't commented on Footracer province at all, but I now notice that that indeed stretches far too much to the West. It is effectively bordered by the mountains, and the wall.

IMAGE(http://images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/footracer.gif)

Edit: I won't be able to change that map until next weekend, since I left the master copy (ie .psd file) at home. I can't edit the gif.x

[ Sunday, November 14, 2004 21:23: Message edited by: Beyond the days of mortal lands ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #13
Sounds interesting, if I have time for it...
Been really busy with planethalflife.com, GTA: SA and World of Warcraft, and with HL-2 coming out in two days...

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #14
Nobody's played Halo 2? I've heard good reviews, though I don't have the hardware to run it.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15
i'm too poor, don't have money for it. i got Doom 3 off a friend for free though, and that's fun, but mostly because i'm atrociously useless in long range combat, and end up abusing the shotgun (and chainsaw, and the flashlight for zombie smacking)... xD

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell