Chance... gah... urgh... not... working...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Chance... gah... urgh... not... working...
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #0
Anybody have any clue why, no matter what I do, I can't get to chance? I either get a 404 error or some other weird screen. Please help.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #1
I tried and I was directed to "Page cannot be displayed". I reloaded the page and I was taken to a page saying that the website did not exist anymore.

--------------------
I am the way into the doleful city
I am the way into eternal grief,
I am the way to a foresaken race.
Justice it was that moved my great creator;
Divine omnipotence created me,
And highest wisdom joined with primal love.
Before me nothing but eternal things
Were made, and I shall last eternally
Abandon all hope, all you who enter.

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
Chance has been down for weeks. I'm unsure as to whether the forum is permanently dead, or whether RC plans to revive it, or has already done so. I'm not holding my breath, personally. The prospect of reassuming my position as a moderate liberal in a sea of reactionary fundamentalists, on a board that mainly features political discussion, isn't an awfully attractive one.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #3
Heh, if I wanted that kind of thing, I'd go to freerepublic.com. Or just skip it all and go insert my head in a blender directly.

I haven't hung out at Chance for ages, I think... :P Is it really like that nowadays?

[ Tuesday, November 09, 2004 01:11: Message edited by: I Am A Puppet Account ]

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #4
More or less. There were a couple of other active members that were rather moderate (ones that came to Chance from SW), but the majority of members that posted regularly were friends with RC from school. For whatever reason, they all happened to be fundies. Fundies of various levels of intelligence and reasoning ability, but fundies all.

I stopped posting there, at least in all political threads, quite a while before the forums went down. I would probably have left permanently long ago if I wasn't a moderator there.

[ Tuesday, November 09, 2004 06:42: Message edited by: A Cool Half Million ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.