It is not SPAM, I swear...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: It is not SPAM, I swear...
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #0
Really, how many of you are glad to have polls back? I was just wondering if it was really a big deal not having them.

PS I am so clever, making a poll about polls...

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=OTUmbAAOZMAz"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=OTUmbAAOZMAz"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Polls are rarely useful in any way. I don't know why Spiderweb re-enabled them.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Oh, come on. Polls are a better way, I think, to start a topic than a question. Besides that, they allow people to anonymously express their opinion without having to post.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
They do offer impersonality, but they lead to topics such as this...

Bottom line, they're okay if you have a sensible question about the demographics or opinion of board members, but other than that, they're not much use, take up space and lead to plain stupidity.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
Especially because only a few people are even interested enough to vote in the poll, and that is not good for determining statistics for the whole group.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
It's nice to have topics that don't require any active thought every now and then, as long as the "every now and then" rule is not broken.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #6
I think a question is a better start to a topic than a poll. If you ask a question, people might answer, and some kind of interesting discussion is (in theory) possible. With a poll, you just get a couple of numbers that don't really mean anything.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #7
Especially with the double accounts we all know and cherish. Numbers mean less than nothing here. If you asked "which is the better game, GF or BoE", then the 1 person who has seen the screenshots of both games, but never played either, has the same vote as the one who has finished both games. Only an actual discussion of points and arguments can have any real content.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine